Front lower wishbone Powerflex bushes

Old April 5th 05, 08:16 AM
alterro

Default Front lower wishbone Powerflex bushes

Hello,
Can anyone tell me how to mount those bushes properly? I'm a little bit
concerned because those bushes aren't screwed. I read that I should
hammer them on wishbone. Will it be enough? Will it not fall apart when
driving?

--
Regards,
Adam

AR156 1.8 TS `99
Old April 5th 05, 04:52 PM

>From what I recall, the bush is kept in place by a curved piece of
metal(?) that wraps halfway around it. The curved piece of metal is
then screwed onto mount holes on the underside of the car. Believe it
should be secure. Try looking at the existing setup under your car and
I think you'll get what I'm trying to describe.
I'm really not an expert in this area though!

Old April 5th 05, 05:23 PM
Richard Fantom

once you get the damn things in they are v v v secure - needs huge force to
get them out. More than the force a car cornering for sure.

The difficulty is getting them out with a press in the first place

oups.com...

Old April 6th 05, 03:40 PM
mike

Hi Adam

These bushes are just pressed on to the wish bone pins. If you have
the correct size bushes for your lower wish bone they will not come off. The
only way to determined the correct bush size is to cut the old bushes off
and measure the pin it will be either 20mm or 19mm. If you fit the 20mm Bush
on the 19mm pin you will have snag's It has been done. The correct size bush
for pin will be very snug but can be achieved without any special tools.

Regards

Mike
AR156 1.8 TS 1999

Old April 7th 05, 08:22 AM
alterro

mike wrote:
> These bushes are just pressed on to the wish bone pins. If you have
> the correct size bushes for your lower wish bone they will not come off. The
> only way to determined the correct bush size is to cut the old bushes off
> and measure the pin it will be either 20mm or 19mm. If you fit the 20mm Bush
> on the 19mm pin you will have snag's It has been done. The correct size bush
> for pin will be very snug but can be achieved without any special tools.

I've already checked and bushes fit. My only concern was the way of
putting them on wishbone pins. But you set me at ease.

Thanks and best regards

--
Adam
AR156 1.8 TS '99