That's One SWEET Looking Boss!

Old December 16th 06, 05:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default That's One SWEET Looking Boss!

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/...d_0166_JPG.htm

Tone down/revise the wheels a bit and actually raise the car's ride
height a hair and this sucker would be perfect!

Patrick

Old December 16th 06, 01:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/...d_0166_JPG.htm
>
> Tone down/revise the wheels a bit and actually raise the car's ride
> height a hair and this sucker would be perfect!
>
> Patrick

You surprise me.

Lose the wheels, lose the plastic rack plopped down over the rear window,
lose the wing, junk the fuel filler cap, leave the stripes, and it's done.

Nice blue, though.

dwight

Old December 16th 06, 01:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_1_]

"dwight" > wrote in
:

> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/LA_AUTO_

07/pages/mustangworld
>> _0166_JPG.htm
>>
>> Tone down/revise the wheels a bit and actually raise the car's ride
>> height a hair and this sucker would be perfect!
>>
>> Patrick

> You surprise me.
>
> Lose the wheels, lose the plastic rack plopped down over the rear
> window, lose the wing, junk the fuel filler cap, leave the stripes,
> and it's done.
>
> Nice blue, though.
>
> dwight

Right on the money, dwight.

Joe
Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch with a few goodies
Black '03 Dakota 5.9 R/T CC
Brain working again
Old December 16th 06, 04:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

dwight wrote:
> > wrote in message
> ups.com...

>http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/...d_0166_JPG.htm

> > Tone down/revise the wheels a bit and actually raise the car's ride
> > height a hair and this sucker would be perfect!

> You surprise me.

My tastes must be changing with age.

> Lose the wheels,

The wheels need some black surfaces and less gloss. The size looks
appropriate. After all, a Boss car should be a track car, not a drag
racer.

> lose the plastic rack plopped down over the rear window,

I like the louvers on a Boss car. It's fits the retro look. Like the
Boss stripes.

> lose the wing,

Yes, I missed that. Though, it wouldn't hurt me to keep it attached.
At least it's flat black and has a low profile and not Cobra-R sized.
It really isn't any/much more than what our LXs came with, and
certainly not as in your face as the one sitting on the hatch of my
'93.

> junk the fuel filler cap,

Again, it sorta fits that track-car/racer theme. Like the ones the old
'68-'70 Chargers sported.

> leave the stripes, and it's done.

Yes, the stripes are perfect.

> Nice blue, though.

I like it too. About time the automotive landscape sees something
other than silver, grey, white, and yes, black cars.

Patrick

Old December 16th 06, 10:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_1_]

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> dwight wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>> ups.com...

>>http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/...d_0166_JPG.htm

>> > Tone down/revise the wheels a bit and actually raise the car's ride
>> > height a hair and this sucker would be perfect!

>> You surprise me.

> My tastes must be changing with age.

BIG time.

>> Lose the wheels,

> The wheels need some black surfaces and less gloss. The size looks
> appropriate. After all, a Boss car should be a track car, not a drag
> racer.

Are black wheels going to be the trend now? 'Cause I don't see any at
tirerack.com. (When I choose a 1993 Mustang LX 5.0, they show a picture of
an all-black GT as an example for wheel shopping. Now I wonder what black
wheels would look like on a black car...)

>> lose the plastic rack plopped down over the rear window,

> I like the louvers on a Boss car. It's fits the retro look. Like the
> Boss stripes.

But... but... but.... it's extra useless weight! Where is Patrick, and what
have you done with him?

>> lose the wing,

> Yes, I missed that. Though, it wouldn't hurt me to keep it attached.
> At least it's flat black and has a low profile and not Cobra-R sized.
> It really isn't any/much more than what our LXs came with, and
> certainly not as in your face as the one sitting on the hatch of my
> '93.

That's because you had to have the ricer version. My LX comes with a dish,
instead of a raised panel, and the convertible's bar is flush with the
center stoplight. Fits kinda nice with the vestigeal "luggage rack."

>> junk the fuel filler cap,

> Again, it sorta fits that track-car/racer theme. Like the ones the old
> '68-'70 Chargers sported.

(Eh. Didn't like the brushed metal Bullitt filler cover, either.)

>> leave the stripes, and it's done.

> Yes, the stripes are perfect.
>
>> Nice blue, though.

> I like it too. About time the automotive landscape sees something
> other than silver, grey, white, and yes, black cars.
>
> Patrick

Hey, I started automotive life in a Royal Purple Ford Pinto. Not all that
keen on seeing that color return.

)