Pricing question on 2006 Accord Sedan 6 speed

Old September 11th 05, 06:33 PM

Default Pricing question on 2006 Accord Sedan 6 speed

I was speaking with a dealer this weekend about the new 2006 Accord
Sedan with 6-speed manual transmission. He said they would be
available in early October and that they were taking deposits now. He
also stated the following:

1. They will be nearly impossible to find. You have to put a deposit
down on them now before they show up.

2. They won't be selling below MSRP since they will be in such high
demand. He said this is also compounded with the fact that gas prices
are up.

Agent, this is coming from the sales rep. Any comments???

Another question. When will the invoice number be available for this
car? MSRP is listed at $27,300.

Thanks
Ryan

Old September 11th 05, 07:09 PM

Would you expect to pay MSRP, if that is the case?

Old September 12th 05, 12:44 AM
Pars

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Would you expect to pay MSRP, if that is the case?

Probably. But It might be possible to get an Infinity G35 at invoice for
28K.

Pars

Old September 12th 05, 03:37 AM
SoCalMike

Pars wrote:
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> Would you expect to pay MSRP, if that is the case?
>>

> Probably. But It might be possible to get an Infinity G35 at invoice for
> 28K.
>
> Pars

isnt that the one based on the 350z? whats the z cost?
Old September 12th 05, 12:24 PM
Pars

"SoCalMike" > wrote in message
> Pars wrote:
> > > wrote in message
> > oups.com...
> >> Would you expect to pay MSRP, if that is the case?
> >>

> > Probably. But It might be possible to get an Infinity G35 at invoice for
> > 28K.
> >
> > Pars
> >

> isnt that the one based on the 350z? whats the z cost?

Base style has a 25K invoice.

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2005/niss....html?action=1

Old September 12th 05, 11:35 PM
TWW

> wrote in message
ps.com...
> I was speaking with a dealer this weekend about the new 2006 Accord
> Sedan with 6-speed manual transmission. He said they would be
> available in early October and that they were taking deposits now. He
> also stated the following:
>
> 1. They will be nearly impossible to find. You have to put a deposit
> down on them now before they show up.

That's what my dealer said when the 6 spd coupe came out. I have only seen
two at that dealership since and both sold for $3,500 over MSRP. I suspect
the same will be true of the 6 speed Civic SI -- although the mark-up would
necessarily be below the Acura RXS S. I consider myself lucky to have
bought a 01 5spd Prelude at the end of the model year for $4,500 below MSRP
($20,660 in Oct 02). So, I am sticking with it until it dies.

Old October 6th 05, 05:45 PM

I ended up getting it for $2,000 under MSRP. Still $1000 over invoice.

Just needed to wait it out