Drinking/Driving an Illness?

Old December 16th 09, 10:44 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Felix[_2_]

Default Drinking/Driving an Illness?

Neighbor's son has 2 DUI's, 1 DUID, 1 resisting arrest, and DL suspended.
About two weeks ago I noticed his car at a mini-mart as I waited for the
traffic light. He exited with a case of beer.
I spoke to his father about this as his father knows how I feel about drunk
drivers since losing a son to one. He assured me he would handle it.
Saturday afternoon he was driving pretty fast down the street and came close
to some kids on bikes. I called the sheriff's office and reported his
driving on a suspended license. The officer's were near the house when he
pulled out of the driveway and they stopped him. Drunk!
He is now in the county jail and it looks like his probation will be
revoked.
His mother spoke to my wife at church Sunday and thanked us. It seems that
his dad won't take any action. BTW, neither mom or dad drink.
Why do drunks have the urge to drive when they overindulge? The safety of
innocent parties is at risk as well as their own.

Old December 17th 09, 06:26 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 04:44:54 -0600, "Felix" > wrote:

>Neighbor's son has 2 DUI's, 1 DUID, 1 resisting arrest, and DL suspended.
>About two weeks ago I noticed his car at a mini-mart as I waited for the
>traffic light. He exited with a case of beer.
>I spoke to his father about this as his father knows how I feel about drunk
>drivers since losing a son to one. He assured me he would handle it.
>Saturday afternoon he was driving pretty fast down the street and came close
>to some kids on bikes. I called the sheriff's office and reported his
>driving on a suspended license. The officer's were near the house when he
>pulled out of the driveway and they stopped him. Drunk!
>He is now in the county jail and it looks like his probation will be
>revoked.
>His mother spoke to my wife at church Sunday and thanked us. It seems that
>his dad won't take any action. BTW, neither mom or dad drink.
>Why do drunks have the urge to drive when they overindulge? The safety of
>innocent parties is at risk as well as their own.

This is another reason why legalizing weed would be a smart move. Weed
users don't generally want to drive somewhere. All sorts of crime
would be reduced.
Old December 17th 09, 07:13 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.politics,talk.politics.misc
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

"Felix" > wrote in :

> Neighbor's son has 2 DUI's, 1 DUID, 1 resisting arrest, and DL
> suspended. About two weeks ago I noticed his car at a mini-mart as I
> waited for the traffic light. He exited with a case of beer.
> I spoke to his father about this as his father knows how I feel about
> drunk drivers since losing a son to one. He assured me he would handle
> it. Saturday afternoon he was driving pretty fast down the street and
> came close to some kids on bikes. I called the sheriff's office and
> reported his driving on a suspended license. The officer's were near
> the house when he pulled out of the driveway and they stopped him.
> Drunk! He is now in the county jail and it looks like his probation
> will be revoked.
> His mother spoke to my wife at church Sunday and thanked us. It seems
> that his dad won't take any action. BTW, neither mom or dad drink.
> Why do drunks have the urge to drive when they overindulge? The safety
> of innocent parties is at risk as well as their own.

The guy's a psychopath and that's that. You might as well ask why some men
repeatedly molest children.