Fastest car in GTLegends

Old October 26th 05, 02:08 PM
Jeff Reid

Default Fastest car in GTLegends

Looks like it's the Porsch 906 so far, at least at Spa, it's the
only car I can go sub 2:50 lap times with. Others are close, in
the low 2:50's, like the GT40 or the BMW.

Old October 26th 05, 02:54 PM
Darus

I've done a 2:49.917 in the Porsche 911 RSR at Spa. ALso a 2:53.546 in
the Porsche 914. Both times were quicky laps simply to advance thru the
career mode. I would imagine with some setup editing and time dedicated
to the track, improvements would be likely. I don't have the 906 yet,
so I can't offer a time for that.

Old October 26th 05, 04:32 PM
Jeff Reid

> I've done a 2:49.917 in the Porsche 911 RSR at Spa. ALso a 2:53.546 in
> the Porsche 914. Both times were quicky laps simply to advance thru the
> career mode. I would imagine with some setup editing and time dedicated
> to the track, improvements would be likely. I don't have the 906 yet,
> so I can't offer a time for that.

When you get there, let me know what you think of it. It seems to have
the best cornering speed of all the cars with good power to weight
ratios and top speed.

I tried career mode in pro mode, but just the first race was going to take
some practice to get good enough to beat the AI. Busy with work and don't
have the time right now to spend on it, so I just went through using the
"AI instant DNF" hack to .PLR file (Vehicle Removal="0.01000"). I also
started with 10,000,000 credits to buy all but 11 of the 95 cars (you
win 11 during career mode).

One thing I noticed is that some cars are a bit squirrely after coming
off the brakes, which seems odd, since weight transfer to the rear shouldn't
cause a car to start a spin. More auto-blip would help when downshifing
in turns, for us non left foot brakers.

Old October 27th 05, 02:32 AM
Jeff Reid

>> I've done a 2:49.917 in the Porsche 911 RSR at Spa. ALso a 2:53.546 in
>> the Porsche 914. Both times were quicky laps simply to advance thru the
>> career mode. I would imagine with some setup editing and time dedicated
>> to the track, improvements would be likely. I don't have the 906 yet,
>> so I can't offer a time for that.

I took a look at http://gtl.gplrank.info/ , the 911 RSR may be the fastest.
Fast times at Spa are in the low 2:40's, 911 RSR, Pantera, BMW CSL, Capri RS,
Escort RS, 906, Corvette. The AC Cobra and 914-6 are a few secs behind.

Old October 27th 05, 03:12 PM
PlowBoy

Jeff, and you privately link me to that information on how to get the cars?
sting32 at gmail

thanks
Jeff Reid enlightened us with:

Old October 27th 05, 05:54 PM
Jeff Reid

> Jeff, and you privately link me to that information on how to get the cars?
> sting32 at gmail

I already posted this, you edit the .PLR file and change

Vehicle Removal="30.0000"

Vehicle Removal="0.01000"

You need to start each race, but the AI will dissappear, and you can then
just quit without ever moving your car. You won't see any points on the
cup leaderboard as you continue forwards, but you'll always be at the top
of the leaderboard and get complete credit for a cup win.

Old October 27th 05, 06:50 PM
PlowBoy

ow, thanks!