Ford tries for blandest, ugliest vehicle in the World

Old July 16th 08, 02:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Rich

Default Ford tries for blandest, ugliest vehicle in the World

It's hard to go bankrupt without help like this.

http://en.autos.sympatico.msn.ca/cro...mentid=8401510
Old July 16th 08, 03:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
TM[_2_]

"Rich" > wrote in message
> It's hard to go bankrupt without help like this.
>
> http://en.autos.sympatico.msn.ca/cro...mentid=8401510

A logical extension of what happens when "big govt." and "green" dabble in
the auto industry: the putzes take over the Big 3. We let it happen...and we
deserve the results.

Old July 16th 08, 04:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_4_]

TM wrote:
> "Rich" > wrote in message
>> It's hard to go bankrupt without help like this.
>>
>> http://en.autos.sympatico.msn.ca/cro...mentid=8401510

> A logical extension of what happens when "big govt." and "green" dabble in
> the auto industry: the putzes take over the Big 3. We let it happen...and we
> deserve the results.

It's what happens when Ford imitates Honda and Toyota.

--

Perhaps a metaphor might help:

1. Your emails are like sperm, ready to dash out and do their thing.
2. Your ISP is a prick.
3. APEWS is a condom.
4. We are innocent maidens who do not like surprises.
5. You are asking for one teeny hole in the rubber.

You'll have to get us drunk first. - Hey Bub
Old July 16th 08, 05:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
C. E. White[_2_]

"Rich" > wrote in message
> It's hard to go bankrupt without help like this.
>
> http://en.autos.sympatico.msn.ca/cro...mentid=8401510

I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I sort of like. Seems to be
a practical alternative to SUVs for people that need that sort of thing but
want better fuel economy and don't need to 8,000 lbs.

I can remember when Ford introduced the original Taurus and Sable - lots of
people called them ugly at the time.

Time will tell. I see lots of Scion SBs running around, and Honda Elements.
The Flex looks better than either of those and with an MSRP under $30k it
seems a decent bargain (again for anyone who needs a vehicle that large).

Do really think it is ugly compared to the large number of SUVs, Crossovers,
and mini-vans on the market? It certainly is not the blandest, ugliest
vehicle in the world - in my opinion (which I value highly).

Ed

Old July 16th 08, 05:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Dan[_30_]

On Jul 16, 7:08*am, Rich > wrote:
> It's hard to go bankrupt without help like this.
>
> http://en.autos.sympatico.msn.ca/cro...icle.aspx?cp-d...

I don't see anything that wrong with it. Looks fairly decent, no weird
lines or bulges, and has fairly decent proportions. I think it could
be hot rodded and tricked a bit and look even better, but it's not too
bad the way it is.

Dan
P49Y83+
Old July 16th 08, 07:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Frank ess

Dan wrote:
> On Jul 16, 7:08 am, Rich > wrote:
>> It's hard to go bankrupt without help like this.
>>
>> http://en.autos.sympatico.msn.ca/cro...icle.aspx?cp-d...

> I don't see anything that wrong with it. Looks fairly decent, no
> weird lines or bulges, and has fairly decent proportions. I think
> it could be hot rodded and tricked a bit and look even better, but
> it's not too bad the way it is.
>
> Dan
> P49Y83+

I'll add my support to that angle. It's as if someone at Ford said,
"Let's look around and see what niche vehicle is attractive and kind
of popular, and make our little van-like transport module fit that
visual mold. Hm. Mini Cooper? Give it a shot."

Not that I'd ever choose a car for reasons of appearance.

--
Frank ess
S197 convertible;

Old July 16th 08, 07:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Rolf

"WindsorFox<SS>" > wrote in message
> TM wrote:
>> "Rich" > wrote in message
>>> It's hard to go bankrupt without help like this.
>>>
>>> http://en.autos.sympatico.msn.ca/cro...mentid=8401510

>> A logical extension of what happens when "big govt." and "green" dabble
>> in
>> the auto industry: the putzes take over the Big 3. We let it happen...and
>> we
>> deserve the results.
>>

> It's what happens when Ford imitates Honda and Toyota.
>
> --

They should call it the new Ford POS

Old July 17th 08, 12:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Falcon Guy[_2_]

At least it is not an Aztec. It seem to have very good space
utilization too.

Old July 17th 08, 01:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_3_]

"Rich" > wrote in message
> It's hard to go bankrupt without help like this.
>
> http://en.autos.sympatico.msn.ca/cro...mentid=8401510

Why didn't you just go to the source?
http://www.fordvehicles.com/crossovers/flex/

There's nothing new here. The Flex has been shown for quite a while. I don't
know about bland or ugly (some folks will tell you that the new Corvette is
ugly, too), but I see an updated station wagon with more utility than the
old ones ever had.

dwight

Old July 17th 08, 01:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Mark C.

I like it.

"dwight" > wrote in message
. ..
> "Rich" > wrote in message
>> It's hard to go bankrupt without help like this.
>>
>> http://en.autos.sympatico.msn.ca/cro...mentid=8401510

> Why didn't you just go to the source?
> http://www.fordvehicles.com/crossovers/flex/
>
> There's nothing new here. The Flex has been shown for quite a while. I
> don't know about bland or ugly (some folks will tell you that the new
> Corvette is ugly, too), but I see an updated station wagon with more
> utility than the old ones ever had.
>
> dwight

World's Ugliest BMW 1 Skip[_3_] Auto Photos 4 May 29th 08 10:41 PM
World's Ugliest BMW 3 Skip[_3_] Auto Photos 1 May 29th 08 07:01 AM
World's Ugliest BMW 2 Skip[_3_] Auto Photos 0 May 29th 08 05:14 AM
The 10 Ugliest Cars LeMod Pol Driving 15 October 13th 05 03:26 PM
New 5-series "only" the 10th ugliest fbloogyudsr BMW 18 May 2nd 05 04:24 PM