replacing stud?

Old February 26th 07, 04:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael price

Default replacing stud?

my friend just bought a 2001 gt. well this weekend we where putting new
brakes and rotors on the front, and discovered a broke off lug stud
bolt. has anyone replaced one of these or know how its done? looks like
the treads were crossed and it snapped off. not enough stud to hold on a
lug nut. thanks for any help. mp

Old February 26th 07, 04:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
.boB

Michael price wrote:
> my friend just bought a 2001 gt. well this weekend we where putting new
> brakes and rotors on the front, and discovered a broke off lug stud
> bolt. has anyone replaced one of these or know how its done? looks like
> the treads were crossed and it snapped off. not enough stud to hold on a
> lug nut. thanks for any help. mp

Front or rear?

Essentially, you need to remove the part that the stud
goes through. Take it to a machine shop and have them
press out the old one and press in a new one.

I'v tried doing it with a large C clamp, but that
didn't work for me. Don't use a hammer.

--
..boB
2006 FXDI hot rod

Old February 26th 07, 05:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Nomen Lapetos

".boB" > wrote in message
om...
> Michael price wrote:
>> my friend just bought a 2001 gt. well this weekend we where putting new
>> brakes and rotors on the front, and discovered a broke off lug stud
>> bolt. has anyone replaced one of these or know how its done? looks like
>> the treads were crossed and it snapped off. not enough stud to hold on a
>> lug nut. thanks for any help. mp
>>

> Front or rear?
>
> Essentially, you need to remove the part that the stud goes through. Take
> it to a machine shop and have them press out the old one and press in a
> new one.
>
> I'v tried doing it with a large C clamp, but that didn't work for me.
> Don't use a hammer.

most tire places can do it