compare twin screw superchargers

Old February 23rd 07, 10:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
cascadas

Default compare twin screw superchargers

Considering putting a twinscrew supercharger on 2006 mustang 4.6.
After doing a internet search I see that, keeping oranges oranges that
Roush, Kenne Bell, Whipple seem to make a similar product and price.
Does anyone have a suggestion of one of the other. I am not into drag
racing just looking into midrange power

Old February 24th 07, 01:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
goodnigh

"cascadas" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Considering putting a twinscrew supercharger on 2006 mustang 4.6.
> After doing a internet search I see that, keeping oranges oranges that
> Roush, Kenne Bell, Whipple seem to make a similar product and price.
> Does anyone have a suggestion of one of the other. I am not into drag
> racing just looking into midrange power

You may want to take a look at Paxton.

Old February 24th 07, 02:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
cascadas

On Feb 23, 6:33 pm, "goodnigh" > wrote:
> "cascadas" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>
> > Considering putting a twinscrew supercharger on 2006 mustang 4.6.
> > After doing a internet search I see that, keeping oranges oranges that
> > Roush, Kenne Bell, Whipple seem to make a similar product and price.
> > Does anyone have a suggestion of one of the other. I am not into drag
> > racing just looking into midrange power

> You may want to take a look at Paxton.

suggestions on why you like that product?

Old February 24th 07, 02:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

cascadas wrote:
> Considering putting a twinscrew supercharger on 2006 mustang 4.6.
> After doing a internet search I see that, keeping oranges oranges that
> Roush, Kenne Bell, Whipple seem to make a similar product and price.
> Does anyone have a suggestion of one of the other. I am not into drag
> racing just looking into midrange power

I would get a Kenne Bell setup. They put a lot of effort into
developing their kits and the hp/tq claims they advertise are usually
spot on to what you will actually see on your car. They also take great
pains to get the programming of the computer right and will reburn the
chips for free if something isn't quite right. They also provide
excellent support for their products.

I'm not saying the other brands you mentioned are bad just that I know
Kenne Bell products are very good. I have been using a Kenne Bell
Blowzilla /Flowzilla setup on my '89 LX for several years so I am a
little biased toward them for that reason.

BTW, if you are looking for low/mid range power then the twin screw is
the right choice. They deliver their full rated boost from just off
idle to the red line. They also deliver as much high rpm horsepower as
a centrifugal at the same psi levels. Their power delivery is silky
smooth and throttle response is unbelievable. You will think there is a
500+ cubic inch, high revving V-8 under the hood.
Old February 24th 07, 02:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

goodnigh wrote:
> "cascadas" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> Considering putting a twinscrew supercharger on 2006 mustang 4.6.
>> After doing a internet search I see that, keeping oranges oranges that
>> Roush, Kenne Bell, Whipple seem to make a similar product and price.
>> Does anyone have a suggestion of one of the other. I am not into drag
>> racing just looking into midrange power

> You may want to take a look at Paxton.

Paxton doesn't make any blower that will come close to producing the
low/mid rpm power he wants like a twin screw can deliver. Centrifugals
can produce a lot hp but it is only above 4,500-5,000 rpm level. A
driver can enjoy the power from a twin screw under at driving conditions
and in all gears. To get power from a centrifugal, and you can, you
have to drive the car like you stole it.
Old February 24th 07, 04:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
goodnigh

"cascadas" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Feb 23, 6:33 pm, "goodnigh" > wrote:
>> "cascadas" > wrote in message
>>
>> ups.com...
>>
>> > Considering putting a twinscrew supercharger on 2006 mustang 4.6.
>> > After doing a internet search I see that, keeping oranges oranges that
>> > Roush, Kenne Bell, Whipple seem to make a similar product and price.
>> > Does anyone have a suggestion of one of the other. I am not into drag
>> > racing just looking into midrange power

>> You may want to take a look at Paxton.

> suggestions on why you like that product?

It is what my mechanic wants me to put on the M-code Cleveland.
He regrets selling me the vehicle and hopes to buy it back someday.
That is good enough for me and yes, I sometimes drive it like it was stolen.

mike

Old February 24th 07, 05:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
cascadas

On Feb 24, 9:08 am, "goodnigh" > wrote:
> "cascadas" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>
> > On Feb 23, 6:33 pm, "goodnigh" > wrote:
> >> "cascadas" > wrote in message

> roups.com...

> >> You may want to take a look at Paxton.

> > suggestions on why you like that product?

> It is what my mechanic wants me to put on the M-code Cleveland.
> He regrets selling me the vehicle and hopes to buy it back someday.
> That is good enough for me and yes, I sometimes drive it like it was stolen.
>
> mike

Thank you- I think it is down to Kenne Bell or Whipple

Old February 24th 07, 06:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
goodnigh

"cascadas" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> On Feb 24, 9:08 am, "goodnigh" > wrote:
>> "cascadas" > wrote in message
>>
>> ups.com...

>> roups.com...

>> > suggestions on why you like that product?

>> It is what my mechanic wants me to put on the M-code Cleveland.
>> He regrets selling me the vehicle and hopes to buy it back someday.
>> That is good enough for me and yes, I sometimes drive it like it was
>> stolen.
>>
>> mike

> Thank you- I think it is down to Kenne Bell or Whipple

Better choice for your vehicle and thank you for the lesson

mike

Old February 25th 07, 01:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Nomen Lapetos

"goodnigh" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> "cascadas" > wrote in message
> ps.com...
>> On Feb 24, 9:08 am, "goodnigh" > wrote:
>>> "cascadas" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> ups.com...

>>> roups.com...

>>> It is what my mechanic wants me to put on the M-code Cleveland.
>>> He regrets selling me the vehicle and hopes to buy it back someday.
>>> That is good enough for me and yes, I sometimes drive it like it was
>>> stolen.
>>>
>>> mike

>> Thank you- I think it is down to Kenne Bell or Whipple

> Better choice for your vehicle and thank you for the lesson
>
> mike

no brainer, twinscrew far better with all the low end torque,
I have an 8# KB on a 5.0 1993, daily driver for 10 years, just a blast.
At 1500 RPM and it has 7# of boost.
check into getting it tuned too, you don't want to be lean with any
supercharger

Old February 27th 07, 06:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
BradandBrooks

"Nomen Lapetos" > wrote in message
reenews.net...

> "goodnigh" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
>>
>> "cascadas" > wrote in message
>> ps.com...

>>> Thank you- I think it is down to Kenne Bell or Whipple

>> Better choice for your vehicle and thank you for the lesson
>>
>> mike

> no brainer, twinscrew far better with all the low end torque,
> I have an 8# KB on a 5.0 1993, daily driver for 10 years, just a blast.
> At 1500 RPM and it has 7# of boost.
> check into getting it tuned too, you don't want to be lean with any
> supercharger

Do you get ANY traction with that car???? I'm curious. I might go the same
way this summer.

Brad

Compare ''01 M3 to '99 Porsche 911 Geo BMW 0 September 3rd 06 02:35 AM
Miata Mx5 - BMW Z4 Compare AM BMW 55 July 3rd 06 06:48 PM
superchargers Dennis Wik VW air cooled 3 January 21st 06 07:32 AM
Twin Screw rocks! Dan Ford Mustang 9 May 3rd 05 09:20 PM
1990 525 - radiator bleed screw is leaking - do I need a new screw or can I get a new O-ring? [email protected] BMW 4 January 9th 05 12:14 PM