Rebuilt 2001 GT engine - which company?

Old February 23rd 07, 12:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
JSB

Default Rebuilt 2001 GT engine - which company?

I need to get a new (rebuilt) engine for my 2001 GT convtbl. Any thoughts?
Should I go with ATK? How much should I expect for installation? Any other
do's & dont's? My first engine replacement.. Thanks!!

Old February 23rd 07, 06:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
.boB

JSB wrote:
> I need to get a new (rebuilt) engine for my 2001 GT convtbl. Any thoughts?
> Should I go with ATK? How much should I expect for installation? Any other
> do's & dont's? My first engine replacement.. Thanks!!

First, decide what your plan for the car is. If
you're going to commute to work and go to Wal Mart for
groceries, you don't need much. Consider a used
motor from the bone yard.
OTOH, if you're planning some serious drag strip
efforts, you'll need to spend a few more bux.

--
..boB
2006 FXDI hot rod

Old February 23rd 07, 04:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_1_]

JSB wrote:
> I need to get a new (rebuilt) engine for my 2001 GT convtbl. Any thoughts?
> Should I go with ATK? How much should I expect for installation? Any other
> do's & dont's? My first engine replacement.. Thanks!!

Why not try JSB? They are new, but have a lot more at stake in
*your* particular engine than most other companies do.

--
"One hard rule of sockpuppetry is that a sockpuppet
can't be smarter than its animator."
Old February 23rd 07, 04:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_1_]

..boB wrote:
> JSB wrote:
>> I need to get a new (rebuilt) engine for my 2001 GT convtbl. Any
>> thoughts?
>> Should I go with ATK? How much should I expect for installation? Any
>> other
>> do's & dont's? My first engine replacement.. Thanks!!
>>

> First, decide what your plan for the car is. If you're going to
> commute to work and go to Wal Mart for groceries, you don't need
> much. Consider a used motor from the bone yard.
> OTOH, if you're planning some serious drag strip efforts, you'll need
> to spend a few more bux.

See that's odd, I see little difference between the two in terms of
"needed power."

Old February 24th 07, 01:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
JSB

Thanks, do you know their website by any chance? What's your opinion on
ATK?

I appreciate the help.

Old February 24th 07, 03:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
.boB

WindsorFox wrote:

> .boB wrote:
>
>> JSB wrote:
>>
>>> I need to get a new (rebuilt) engine for my 2001 GT convtbl. Any
>>> thoughts?
>>> Should I go with ATK? How much should I expect for installation? Any
>>> other
>>> do's & dont's? My first engine replacement.. Thanks!!
>>>

>> First, decide what your plan for the car is. If you're going to
>> commute to work and go to Wal Mart for groceries, you don't need
>> much. Consider a used motor from the bone yard.
>> OTOH, if you're planning some serious drag strip efforts, you'll
>> need to spend a few more bux.
>>

> See that's odd, I see little difference between the two in terms of
> "needed power."

Yeah, now that you mention it, I think you're right!

Old February 26th 07, 10:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_1_]

JSB wrote:
> Thanks, do you know their website by any chance? What's your opinion on
> ATK?
>
> I appreciate the help.

I don't know who you are replying to but I ASSume it's me. JSB
doesn't have a web site, but here is the email address.
JSB <johbuch@ NOSPAM hotmail.com>