mustang fastback lights

Old July 29th 08, 12:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
titan153

Default mustang fastback lights

hi, im new to this.
i have recently purchased a 65 fastback, and to get a new zealand
warrent for this car i need to attach a high stop light to the rear
window, any sugestions on brand and how to, as the light that i have
purchased isn’t the right angle for the window
any sugestions will be great cheers

Thread archive: http://www.AutoBoardz.com/mustang-fa...ict248323.html
Old July 29th 08, 01:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_4_]

titan153 wrote:
> hi, im new to this.
> i have recently purchased a 65 fastback, and to get a new zealand
> warrent for this car i need to attach a high stop light to the rear
> window, any sugestions on brand and how to, as the light that i have
> purchased isn’t the right angle for the window
> any sugestions will be great cheers

There isn't an exception for a car built before that law or for an
antique auto?

--

TEACHER: Harold, what do you call a person who keeps on
talking when people are no longer interested?

HAROLD: A teacher
Old July 29th 08, 04:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Spike

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 18:23:11 -0500, titan153 > wrote:

>hi, im new to this.
>i have recently purchased a 65 fastback, and to get a new zealand
>warrent for this car i need to attach a high stop light to the rear
>window, any sugestions on brand and how to, as the light that i have
>purchased isn’t the right angle for the window
>any sugestions will be great cheers

Aftermarket sources such as JC Whitney. As I recall, they have one
that is adaptable which you can adjust for the angle of the rear
glass.

I'll be doing the same thing with mine except it will be on the left
side of the middle of the glass at the top. For NZ I think you have to
put it at the bottom of the glass and on the right middle :0)

It's not required for mine, but it is an added safety feature. Also, I
switched to LEDs for the backups and parking lights, as well as the
turn signals as they are MUCH brighter than originals. I want people
to see me, not hit me. :0)

You might also take a look at wrecking yards for later model cars with
sloping rear glass. Cars like Firebirds/TransAMs, 260Zs, etc.

Old July 29th 08, 06:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_4_]

Spike wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 18:23:11 -0500, titan153 > wrote:
>
>> hi, im new to this.
>> i have recently purchased a 65 fastback, and to get a new zealand
>> warrent for this car i need to attach a high stop light to the rear
>> window, any sugestions on brand and how to, as the light that i have
>> purchased isn’t the right angle for the window
>> any sugestions will be great cheers

> Aftermarket sources such as JC Whitney. As I recall, they have one
> that is adaptable which you can adjust for the angle of the rear
> glass.
>
> I'll be doing the same thing with mine except it will be on the left
> side of the middle of the glass at the top. For NZ I think you have to
> put it at the bottom of the glass and on the right middle :0)
>
> It's not required for mine, but it is an added safety feature. Also, I
> switched to LEDs for the backups and parking lights, as well as the
> turn signals as they are MUCH brighter than originals. I want people
> to see me, not hit me. :0)
>
> You might also take a look at wrecking yards for later model cars with
> sloping rear glass. Cars like Firebirds/TransAMs, 260Zs, etc.

Good god, last time I ordered from them they had not changed their
shipping formula in 25 years and it was going to cost me $40 to get a
$17.60 item shipped. From Chicago to Baton Rouge. 8-O I shutter to
think how much shipping would be to New Zealand.

Old July 30th 08, 12:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Spike

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 12:55:15 -0500, "WindsorFox<SS>"
> wrote:

>Spike wrote:
>> On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 18:23:11 -0500, titan153 > wrote:
>>
>>> hi, im new to this.
>>> i have recently purchased a 65 fastback, and to get a new zealand
>>> warrent for this car i need to attach a high stop light to the rear
>>> window, any sugestions on brand and how to, as the light that i have
>>> purchased isn’t the right angle for the window
>>> any sugestions will be great cheers

>> Aftermarket sources such as JC Whitney. As I recall, they have one
>> that is adaptable which you can adjust for the angle of the rear
>> glass.
>>
>> I'll be doing the same thing with mine except it will be on the left
>> side of the middle of the glass at the top. For NZ I think you have to
>> put it at the bottom of the glass and on the right middle :0)
>>
>> It's not required for mine, but it is an added safety feature. Also, I
>> switched to LEDs for the backups and parking lights, as well as the
>> turn signals as they are MUCH brighter than originals. I want people
>> to see me, not hit me. :0)
>>
>> You might also take a look at wrecking yards for later model cars with
>> sloping rear glass. Cars like Firebirds/TransAMs, 260Zs, etc.
>>

> Good god, last time I ordered from them they had not changed their
>shipping formula in 25 years and it was going to cost me $40 to get a
>$17.60 item shipped. From Chicago to Baton Rouge. 8-O I shutter to
>think how much shipping would be to New Zealand.

It's ALWAYS cheaper to ship longer distances :0) I learned that from
our USPS :0)

JC reorganized a few years ago. More mainstream parts, although they
still have the sleazy stuff, too..... Want a Dukes of Hazzard horn??
:0)
Old July 30th 08, 10:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
titan153

cheers for your help,
back high stop light needs to be in the middle either at top or bottom
as long as it does not impead line of sight from the rear veiw mirror.
the new zealand warrent and registrations rules are rather tight , new
seatbelts, brakes, lights,and a long list of other stuff is required
to make it legal for road use, :? thank goodness we have a rather
dedicated mustang parts supplier not far from home to help with this.
thanks again for your help

Old July 31st 08, 07:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Spike

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 04:22:31 -0500, titan153 > wrote:

>cheers for your help,
>back high stop light needs to be in the middle either at top or bottom
>as long as it does not impead line of sight from the rear veiw mirror.
>the new zealand warrent and registrations rules are rather tight , new
>seatbelts, brakes, lights,and a long list of other stuff is required
>to make it legal for road use, :? thank goodness we have a rather
>dedicated mustang parts supplier not far from home to help with this.
>thanks again for your help
>
>"Spike" wrote:
> > On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 18:23:11 -0500, titan153 >
> > wrote:
> >
> > >hi, im new to this.
> > >i have recently purchased a 65 fastback, and to get a new

> > zealand
> > >warrent for this car i need to attach a high stop light to

> > the rear
> > >window, any sugestions on brand and how to, as the light that

> > i have
> > >purchased isn’t the right angle for the window
> > >any sugestions will be great cheers

> > Aftermarket sources such as JC Whitney. As I recall, they have
> > one
> > that is adaptable which you can adjust for the angle of the
> > rear
> > glass.
> >
> > I'll be doing the same thing with mine except it will be on
> > the left
> > side of the middle of the glass at the top. For NZ I think you
> > have to
> > put it at the bottom of the glass and on the right middle :0)
> >
> > It's not required for mine, but it is an added safety feature.
> > Also, I
> > switched to LEDs for the backups and parking lights, as well
> > as the
> > turn signals as they are MUCH brighter than originals. I want
> > people
> > to see me, not hit me. :0)
> >
> > You might also take a look at wrecking yards for later model
> > cars with
> > sloping rear glass. Cars like Firebirds/TransAMs, 260Zs, etc.

That's great. Sorry about the confusion of location. I have a hard
time recalling the setup for northern hemisphere vs southern 'cause
you chaps are standing on yer heads down under, and having Christmas
in the middle of summer :0) NZ rocks (of course, so does southern
California :0)