No LLBing tale today, but this one's better (or: I'm glad stupid people die in automobile accidents)

Old December 9th 06, 01:25 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default No LLBing tale today, but this one's better (or: I'm glad stupid people die in automobile accidents)

On the way in, I came to a signaled intersection that I have to turn
left at. This turn doesn't have a dedicated signal, so drivers turning
left must wait for the large amount of traffic coming from the other
direction to clear.

This AM, while waiting behind a truck at this turn, I did the "safe
driver" thing and scanned my rear views, per normal. I noticed in the
distance, approaching, an ambulance with it's lights lit. In fact, I
saw the vehicle long before I heard it. I wasn't listening to the
radio or chatting on the phone, so I heard it a few seconds after I
saw it.

Knowing how emergency vehicles operate, and since the traffic to my
right kept me from moving out of the ambulance's way, I held my
position. The moron in front of me, however, did not. As the ambulance
passed my vehicle, the genius in front decided he was going to move
out of the ambulance's way, but he was going to do so by turning left.
Well, of course, this put him directly in the front of the ambulance,
forcing the ambulance to come to a complete stop in the intersection.
*Then* the genius in the truck decides it's time to stop his vehicle
so the ambulance can navigate around it. Unfortunately due to the
velocity of the ambulance and the location of where the truck stopped
in the middle of the intersection, the ambulance had to back up, turn
sharply to the right, and then proceed through the intersection.

Only after the ambulance was on it's way on the other side of the
street did the retard in the truck decide to exit the intersection he
shouldn't have entered when he did.

I have no sympathy for stupid drivers, and I *HOPE* the retard dies a
slow and horribly painful death in his vehicle due to his ineptitude.

The dangers of DRLs 223rem Driving 399 July 25th 05 11:28 PM
Yet another DUH! Ted B. Driving 60 July 22nd 05 04:47 PM
Canada's new Toyota plant RichA Ford Mustang 81 July 20th 05 01:26 AM
WANT TO BUT A SPYDER......? Bagger Chrysler 0 January 13th 05 07:22 PM
autos today Peter Daltrey General 0 September 20th 04 11:59 PM