Side scoops discoloring

Old February 25th 07, 01:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Rick Olive

Default Side scoops discoloring

03 Cobra in Oxford White side scoops are turning yellow. Seems to be
bleeding up from beneath the color coat and covers the whole scoop (on
both scoops). Paint appears fine everywhere else. Is anyone else having
this problem? Thinking about repainting but will that fix it?
Old February 25th 07, 02:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Feb 24, 6:18 pm, Rick Olive > wrote:
> 03 Cobra in Oxford White side scoops are turning yellow. Seems to be
> bleeding up from beneath the color coat and covers the whole scoop (on
> both scoops). Paint appears fine everywhere else. Is anyone else having
> this problem? Thinking about repainting but will that fix it?

Rick,

I would check out/look for any TSBs (technical service bulletins).
Repainting should fix it if the material/scoop is prepped correctly --
something, obviously, the factory didn't do.

Me... I always wondered what those cars would look like without the
scoops. I'd probably take them off and wouldn't put them back on.

Patrick
'93 Cobra

Old scan reposts (all bad) 1957 Chrysler 300C Side, 1931 Imperial Side.jpg 145805 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Auto Photos 0 December 7th 06 12:50 PM
Old scan reposts (all bad) 1957 Chrysler 300C Full Side, 1931 Imperial Side.jpg 173530 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Auto Photos 0 December 7th 06 12:50 PM
2007 GT models with hood scoops and Solara opinions. [email protected] Ford Mustang 13 November 17th 06 12:37 AM
hood scoops??? 07 Michael price Ford Mustang 6 September 23rd 06 07:59 PM
Dodge Plymuoth Hood scoops Powell Dodge 0 March 25th 05 10:12 PM