2001 Vette Electrical problem after rear end accident.

Old August 31st 13, 04:18 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Corvette86

Default 2001 Vette Electrical problem after rear end accident.

I had no problems prior to the accident. I put a little over 400 miles on my
car after it was fixed. The car slowly started to have problems starting until
finally it wouldn’t start.

Symptoms it either just won’t start or the instrumentation panel starts
blinking while attempting to start. It now does start periodically however
it's not reliable.

My mechanic has consulted GM and they are having him check all the
connections. This is taking a long time. My mechanic said this problem had
nothing to do with the accident. However it seems too coincidental.

Part of the repair from the accident was replacing all the rear bulbs that
burned out. and support bar behind the rear bumper.I also recently replace an
electrical connection with the fuel pump. I suspect problems with the rear
grounds.

Question would problem with the grounds in the rear of the car effect the car
starting or the instrumentation panel? Any ideas? I want my car
back!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

--
posted from
http://www.motorsforum.com/corvette/...ent-19311-.htm

Old August 31st 13, 05:28 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"Corvette86" m> wrote
in message
oups.com...
>I had no problems prior to the accident. I put a little over 400
>miles on my
> car after it was fixed. The car slowly started to have problems
> starting until
> finally it wouldn’t start.
> Symptoms it either just won’t start or the instrumentation panel
> starts
> blinking while attempting to start. It now does start periodically
> however
> it's not reliable.
> My mechanic has consulted GM and they are having him check all the
> connections. This is taking a long time. My mechanic said this
> problem had
> nothing to do with the accident. However it seems too coincidental.
> Part of the repair from the accident was replacing all the rear
> bulbs that
> burned out. and support bar behind the rear bumper.I also recently
> replace an
> electrical connection with the fuel pump. I suspect problems with
> the rear
> grounds.
> Question would problem with the grounds in the rear of the car
> effect the car
> starting or the instrumentation panel? Any ideas? I want my car
>

> Thanks

Most likely your battery voltage has drooped below that required to
operate the computer properly. There could still be some bad grounds
as you suspect but my money is on low voltage/amps of your battery.