Audi Reliability Unacceptable by US Standards

Old November 2nd 10, 06:04 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
D. LaCourse

Default Audi Reliability Unacceptable by US Standards

On 2010-11-02 12:20:09 -0400, "David" > said:

> lution.
>
> Your RS6 comes as four wheel drive and does not lose traction so easily. I
> think you would find my BMW more difficult to control than your RS6 when
> driven hard.

A stock (U.S.) RS6 comes with 450bhp and 415 lb-ft of torgue avail from
1950 - 5600 rpms. It's all wheel drive (not 4 wheel drive) allows it
to perform just as well in the rain as in dry (with proper tires). The
first year I owned my RS6 (I bought it in Oct 2003) I went through the
winter in New England without snows. Quattro would allow me to go just
about anywhere, including a neighbor's steep driveway, in snow.
However, with its stock performance tires, it could not stop in snow.
The next season I installed a set of Hakkapeliitta snow and found that
not only could I go just about anywhere, but I could stop fairly well
also.

I have owned Quattros from the mid 80s until present. Some of the more
sophisticated ones, 2.7 L turbo 1990 A6 Avant, 1994 S4, 2000 A6 4.2. I
can tell you that Audi's 5 cylinder turbo and the 4.2L V8 are some of
the finest engines ever built. My #2 grandson sill drives my S4, while
his brother drives a 2000 S4, and their father drives my 2000 A6 4.2.
Other than normal wear and tear item, all the cars have performed
flawlessly.

I am looking at the latest iteration of the A8. I have driven it and
it is a wonderful car.

Dave

Old November 2nd 10, 06:19 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
D. LaCourse

Forgot to add:

For years I taught high performance driving to cops and defensive
driving to fleet drivers. I've driven BMWs at their limit as well as
many other cars including American made, front wheel, rear wheel, 4
wheel, and all wheel drive at the track. I've been to several driving
schools including Bob Bodurant's and several Audi Hands On. I drove
the R8 at Pocono Raceway a few years ago. I am not a neophyte when it
comes to driving high performance automobiles.

Dave

Old November 3rd 10, 12:35 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Mike G Cornell

On Tue, 2 Nov 2010 10:27:05 -0400, D. LaCourse >
wrote:

>So, Mike and Anonymouse "David", what kind of cars do you drive? Front
>wheel drive rice burners? You would **** your pants if you drove a
>real car like my RS6 or any of the M machines BMW offers, or any of the
>AMGs MB offers.
>
>Dave LaCourse
>03 Audi RS6

If you weren't so sexually obsessed with me with all of your
masturbation fantasies, you would have had enough mental energy left
over to realize I already stated what I drive in this thread.
Old November 3rd 10, 11:00 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
laurentien

On Nov 2, 6:14*am, Mike G Cornell > wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Nov 2010 18:10:51 -0400, D. LaCourse >
> wrote:
>
> > My wife's Lexus: *Needed a brake job within
> >one year of purchase. *Was not her fault - something wrong with the
> >original brakes. *HI headlight burned out - Toyota wanted $1400 to
> >replace (I kid you not). *Finally bought a set of normal headlights
> >(not HI) and had them installed.
> >So, go masturbate somewhere else, Troll.

> So you'd like us to believe your wife put enough miles on her Lexus in
> less than 12 months to exceed warranty? *Credibility denied.

It seems that you have never owned a Japanese car.
The warranty does not include such items.

Luc
Old November 3rd 10, 11:52 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
D. LaCourse

On 2010-11-03 06:00:47 -0400, laurentien > said:

> On Nov 2, 6:14*am, Mike G Cornell > wrote:
>> On Mon, 1 Nov 2010 18:10:51 -0400, D. LaCourse >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> My wife's Lexus: *Needed a brake job within
>>> one year of purchase. *Was not her fault - something wrong with the
>>> original brakes. *HI headlight burned out - Toyota wanted $1400 to
>>> replace (I kid you not). *Finally bought a set of normal headlights
>>> (not HI) and had them installed.
>>> So, go masturbate somewhere else, Troll.

>> So you'd like us to believe your wife put enough miles on her Lexus in
>> less than 12 months to exceed warranty? *Credibility denied.

> It seems that you have never owned a Japanese car.
> The warranty does not include such items.
>
> Luc

I'm sorry, Luc, but you are wrong. The Lexus HI lights would have been
covered under the warranty, but the car was out of warranty time. My
point of mentioning the HI lights was that the Lexus was only 5 years
old, barely out of warranty and the headlights go bad, while my Audi
with 8 years of service still has its HI lights. I've had few problems
with my Audi - normal wear and tear stuff - while the Lexus has been in
the shop often. Cornell's premice was that Japanese cars are better
than German. Yeah, maybe, but that is not what I have experienced.
Besides, most Japanese cars are dull and boring front drivers. The
Germans know how to build are car. Period.

Dave

Old November 3rd 10, 04:54 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
David

"D. LaCourse" > wrote in message
> On 2010-11-02 12:20:09 -0400, "David" > said:
>
>> lution.
>>
>> Your RS6 comes as four wheel drive and does not lose traction so easily.
>> think you would find my BMW more difficult to control than your RS6 when
>> driven hard.

> A stock (U.S.) RS6 comes with 450bhp and 415 lb-ft of torgue avail from
> 1950 - 5600 rpms. It's all wheel drive (not 4 wheel drive) allows it to
> perform just as well in the rain as in dry (with proper tires).

Yes, I know. My BMW is 286 hp and 428lb-ft at 2,000 rpms, but it is only a 3
litre diesel.
On the track, your RS6 would 100% beat my car, no problem. It is faster,
and, more predictable. But, my car would provide more moments of
AAARRRRRGGGHHH ****....

> The first year I owned my RS6 (I bought it in Oct 2003) I went through the
> winter in New England without snows. Quattro would allow me to go just
> about anywhere, including a neighbor's steep driveway, in snow. However,
> with its stock performance tires, it could not stop in snow. The next
> season I installed a set of Hakkapeliitta snow and found that not only
> could I go just about anywhere, but I could stop fairly well also.

Mine is awful in the snow. I would leave it at home. Luckily we do not get
much snow here.

> I have owned Quattros from the mid 80s until present. Some of the more
> sophisticated ones, 2.7 L turbo 1990 A6 Avant, 1994 S4, 2000 A6 4.2. I
> can tell you that Audi's 5 cylinder turbo and the 4.2L V8 are some of the
> finest engines ever built. My #2 grandson sill drives my S4, while his
> brother drives a 2000 S4, and their father drives my 2000 A6 4.2. Other
> than normal wear and tear item, all the cars have performed flawlessly.
>
> I am looking at the latest iteration of the A8. I have driven it and it
> is a wonderful car.
>
> Dave

I do not think it would be as reliable as Audis were in the past.

The last Audi I had was built by Quattro Gmbh in Germany, just as your RS6,
but in 2005. The build quality was dreadful, the paint finish was worse than
a Kia, and the ground points under the hood were corroded after 1 month.
Regularly needed looking at by the Audi dealership. I hope yours is better
built. I won't have another.

The first one was built by Audi in Hungary, and was much, much better
quality, from the interior mirror to the key fob.
I have had two quattros, but they were the Haldex flavour, not the Torsen
you have.

If a vehicle has four wheels, and they are all driven at the same time, what
is the difference between 4 wheel drive, and all wheel drive ?

Regards

David

Old November 3rd 10, 04:55 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
David

"D. LaCourse" > wrote in message
> Forgot to add:
>
> For years I taught high performance driving to cops and defensive driving
> to fleet drivers. I've driven BMWs at their limit as well as many other
> cars including American made, front wheel, rear wheel, 4 wheel, and all
> wheel drive at the track. I've been to several driving schools including
> Bob Bodurant's and several Audi Hands On. I drove the R8 at Pocono
> Raceway a few years ago. I am not a neophyte when it comes to driving
> high performance automobiles.
>
> Dave

Yes, we all know. Many times you have told us.

David

Old November 3rd 10, 06:55 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
D. LaCourse

On 2010-11-03 11:54:34 -0400, "David" > said:

> "D. LaCourse" > wrote in message
>> On 2010-11-02 12:20:09 -0400, "David" > said:
>>
>>> lution.
>>>
>>> Your RS6 comes as four wheel drive and does not lose traction so easily.
>>> think you would find my BMW more difficult to control than your RS6 when
>>> driven hard.

>> A stock (U.S.) RS6 comes with 450bhp and 415 lb-ft of torgue avail from
>> 1950 - 5600 rpms. It's all wheel drive (not 4 wheel drive) allows it to
>> perform just as well in the rain as in dry (with proper tires).

> Yes, I know. My BMW is 286 hp and 428lb-ft at 2,000 rpms, but it is only a 3
> litre diesel.
> On the track, your RS6 would 100% beat my car, no problem. It is faster,
> and, more predictable. But, my car would provide more moments of
> AAARRRRRGGGHHH ****....

Diesel grunt! Audi, as you may know, is constantly upgrading their
diesel race cars. One thing I can not understand is that diesel fuel,
requiring less refining than gasoline, costs a lot more than gas, at
least here in the States.

>> The first year I owned my RS6 (I bought it in Oct 2003) I went through the
>> winter in New England without snows. Quattro would allow me to go just
>> about anywhere, including a neighbor's steep driveway, in snow. However,
>> with its stock performance tires, it could not stop in snow. The next
>> season I installed a set of Hakkapeliitta snow and found that not only
>> could I go just about anywhere, but I could stop fairly well also.

> Mine is awful in the snow. I would leave it at home. Luckily we do not get
> much snow here.
>

>> I have owned Quattros from the mid 80s until present. Some of the more
>> sophisticated ones, 2.7 L turbo 1990 A6 Avant, 1994 S4, 2000 A6 4.2. I
>> can tell you that Audi's 5 cylinder turbo and the 4.2L V8 are some of the
>> finest engines ever built. My #2 grandson sill drives my S4, while his
>> brother drives a 2000 S4, and their father drives my 2000 A6 4.2. Other
>> than normal wear and tear item, all the cars have performed flawlessly.
>>
>> I am looking at the latest iteration of the A8. I have driven it and it
>> is a wonderful car.
>>
>> Dave
>>

> I do not think it would be as reliable as Audis were in the past.

I don't see why I wouldn't. I trust Audi. Over the years I have had
very little trouble with any of their products, and I don't see why it
should change.

> The last Audi I had was built by Quattro Gmbh in Germany, just as your RS6,
> but in 2005. The build quality was dreadful, the paint finish was worse than
> a Kia, and the ground points under the hood were corroded after 1 month.
> Regularly needed looking at by the Audi dealership. I hope yours is better
> built. I won't have another.

You must be in Europe somewhere. I think there is a big difference
between Euro and U.S. cars. I don't know of anyone ever having trouble
with paint.

> The first one was built by Audi in Hungary, and was much, much better
> quality, from the interior mirror to the key fob.
> I have had two quattros, but they were the Haldex flavour, not the Torsen
> you have.
>
> If a vehicle has four wheels, and they are all driven at the same time, what
> is the difference between 4 wheel drive, and all wheel drive ?

Google it.

> Regards
>
> David

Dave (the other David)

d;o)

Old November 3rd 10, 07:09 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Clive[_2_]

In message <2010110313554150073-davplac@aolcom>, D. LaCourse
> writes
>One thing I can not understand is that diesel fuel, requiring less
>refining than gasoline, costs a lot more than gas, at least here in the
>States.

Didn't you know that diesel was the same as heating oil, making it a
much more sought after product than petrol which is only used in cars.
Diesel is not only used in a lot of cars but most other types of
transportation as well.
--
Clive

Old November 3rd 10, 08:52 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
D. LaCourse

On 2010-11-03 14:09:48 -0400, Clive > said:

> In message <2010110313554150073-davplac@aolcom>, D. LaCourse
> > writes
>> One thing I can not understand is that diesel fuel, requiring less
>> refining than gasoline, costs a lot more than gas, at least here in the
>> States.

> Didn't you know that diesel was the same as heating oil, making it a
> much more sought after product than petrol which is only used in cars.
> Diesel is not only used in a lot of cars but most other types of
> transportation as well.

Well, it is not exacty the same as heating oil, but it does require a
helluva lot less refining than gasoline. And, yes, I am aware of its
many uses - trains, boats, trucks, cars, etc. It still does not
explain why it is more expensive. However a quick google reveals this:

http://www.wisegeek.com/why-is-diese...n-gasoline.htm

Ta da! Question answered and it is as I thought it might be: supply
and demand.

Dave

RSC behavior UNACCEPTABLE reggie white Simulators 9 August 30th 05 08:38 PM
2004 Audi A8 Reliability Problems Streetrunner Audi 5 January 4th 05 03:42 AM
Very medicore mech reliability JD Power scores for 2001 Audi A6? [email protected] Technology 4 December 22nd 04 01:34 PM
Audi All Road reliability LIW Audi 2 November 3rd 04 09:39 PM
95 audi 90 reliability? andy Audi 2 November 3rd 04 02:21 AM