2001 Audi Allroad Immobilizer trouble

Old March 17th 09, 04:51 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default 2001 Audi Allroad Immobilizer trouble

Two weeks ago I replaced my 2002 Passat Wagon 4motion GLX with a 2001
Audi Allroad 2.7 Twin Turbo 6 speed. The only flaw the Audi has is the
pixels in the center of the cluster.

So I ventured out, found and bought a used Allroad cluster on ebay. Of
course you know what comes next. I installed it (I own a Mercedes
Shop) and the car wouldn't stay running. I googled the issue and found
out that I have the immobilizer generation 3 and that only the Audi
dealer can program these clusters.

I called Checkered Flag in Virginia Beach, dead end, they refuse to
install a "used cluster." Mad as hell I called the direct Audi of
North America phone number in my paperwork. They told me installing a
used cluster is at the discretion of each dealer and that they can't
warranty parts I bring in myself.

They finally gave me phone number to the nest dealer in my area which
is Audi in Richmond VA (over an hour away) I called them and they are
happy to assist me with the installation of the used one.

Unreal, any thoughts on this ?

--Martin Bartloff

www.MartinBartloff.com
Old April 12th 09, 06:11 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Ecmbuster[_5_]

Send me the cluster and I'll get the PIN from it. This is the problem,
you need both PIN codes. The original to login, the one from the used
cluster to "unmarry" the original. Both clusters have encrypted data
that requires de-encryption to acquire the PIN codes. The ECM also holds
the came PIN from the original cluster.

The cluster that you got from eBay may have had the data corrupted and
a defective LCD is at times a sign of that.
Have a look at this:
http://tinyurl.com/cmo4ta

Since you're so adventurous, read and post the data from the 93C86 IC
that's on the board. A simple programmer will read the SOIC chip and
save the data in a file name of your choice. That's one way out of it.

--
Ecmbuster
Ecmbuster's Profile: http://www.audiforum.ca/member.php?userid=8686

Old May 26th 14, 03:39 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

On Tuesday, March 17, 2009 11:51:38 AM UTC-4, Bnzmn600 wrote:
> Two weeks ago I replaced my 2002 Passat Wagon 4motion GLX with a 2001
> Audi Allroad 2.7 Twin Turbo 6 speed. The only flaw the Audi has is the
> pixels in the center of the cluster.
>
> So I ventured out, found and bought a used Allroad cluster on ebay. Of
> course you know what comes next. I installed it (I own a Mercedes
> Shop) and the car wouldn't stay running. I googled the issue and found
> out that I have the immobilizer generation 3 and that only the Audi
> dealer can program these clusters.
>
> I called Checkered Flag in Virginia Beach, dead end, they refuse to
> install a "used cluster." Mad as hell I called the direct Audi of
> North America phone number in my paperwork. They told me installing a
> used cluster is at the discretion of each dealer and that they can't
> warranty parts I bring in myself.
>
> They finally gave me phone number to the nest dealer in my area which
> is Audi in Richmond VA (over an hour away) I called them and they are
> happy to assist me with the installation of the used one.
>
> Unreal, any thoughts on this ?
>
> --Martin Bartloff
>
> www.MartinBartloff.com

Question

Audi allroad quattro miller_m Audi 1 July 18th 08 04:49 AM
New to Audi-especially allroad Murph Audi 1 April 10th 07 01:35 AM
Audi A6 Allroad 2.5tdi quattro Dave Audi 0 March 9th 06 09:45 PM
AWA [OFFER] New Audi Allroad Surplus [email protected] General 0 January 27th 06 03:51 AM
audi allroad or a4 quattro Sharkman540i Audi 2 September 11th 05 09:13 AM