Decision Decision Decision...

Old November 5th 04, 11:13 PM
SoCalMike

Jim wrote:
> "D Ray" > wrote in message
> m...
>
>>>not expected to arrive for a couple more weeks. My only concern is Sirius
>>>has some stuff XM doesn't that I would like. One of the major sports - I
>>>forget which.

>>Sirius does have NFL games. But XM has MLB. Also, XM has much more
>>college sports -- with three complete conferences (ACC/PAC10/BIG10) --
>>Sirius has cherry-picked a few individual college teams.
>>
>>But XM has much better music. No need to wait though -- you can go
>>spend $129 at Walmart and get a Roady2 and have XM now. One warning
>>-- there is no going back.

> But I'd want the NFL over MLB any day. There's no receiver that gets both is
> there? Yes it would be 23 a month I know. MAYBE one will buy out the other
> one day and we can all be happy. Sort of like picking between ice cream
> flavors.

XM is tempting. hell, even hooking a 40 gig ipod to my blaupunkt sounds
good. but as it is, ive got a 10 disc changer so i just burn myself 10
new discs every once in a while and leave the old ones on a spindle in
the garage for when im doin work out there. if the disc gets too
scratched or dirty, i chuck it.
Old November 6th 04, 01:01 AM
Peter H

Andrew Tsen wrote:
> Peter H > wrote:
>

>>Let me see if I've got this right. You are talking about trading in a
>>vehicle which you "love" and is 2 years old or less so that you can
>>upgrade to a better radio, which is an upgrade that you could do to your
>>existing vehicle anyway and a "navi" system which is basically a $10
>>road map, but sells for 100 times the price...I can guess where you are
>>writing from... how 'bout that election... that "W" is someting isn't he !!

> Hm... so you assume that you know what my political party is based on
> what I want to do? And based on what I posted on the usenet.
>
> This will go off-topic if I were to argue about my political views and
> what I am registered or voted for.
>

> Aside that... I already thought of getting an aftermarket or OEM XM.
> And the $2 map isn't always around because I clean out my car more
> often than not.
>
> If my payment on the car will be the same with the 05 model, why not
> just get a new car? It's still the same car (that I love).

My response wasn't intended to solicit a political discussion. I was
only making a comment on the absurdity of someone buying a new car just
to acquire a better radio and a built-in road map. There is only one
country in the world where people live that type of slovenly lifestyle.
Would you like me to guess the State?

Peter H
Old November 6th 04, 08:12 AM
SoCalMike

Peter H wrote:
>> Aside that... I already thought of getting an aftermarket or OEM XM.
>> And the $2 map isn't always around because I clean out my car more
>> often than not.
>>
>> If my payment on the car will be the same with the 05 model, why not
>> just get a new car? It's still the same car (that I love).
>>

> My response wasn't intended to solicit a political discussion. I was
> only making a comment on the absurdity of someone buying a new car just
> to acquire a better radio and a built-in road map. There is only one
> country in the world where people live that type of slovenly lifestyle.
> Would you like me to guess the State?

sounds to me like hes got healthcare, his house is paid off, his 401k is
maxed out, so hell... why not?
Old November 6th 04, 02:31 PM
Steve Bigelow

"SoCalMike" > wrote in message
> Peter H wrote:
>>> Aside that... I already thought of getting an aftermarket or OEM XM.
>>> And the $2 map isn't always around because I clean out my car more often
>>> than not.
>>>
>>> If my payment on the car will be the same with the 05 model, why not
>>> just get a new car? It's still the same car (that I love).
>>>

>> My response wasn't intended to solicit a political discussion. I was only
>> making a comment on the absurdity of someone buying a new car just to
>> acquire a better radio and a built-in road map. There is only one country
>> in the world where people live that type of slovenly lifestyle. Would you
>> like me to guess the State?

> sounds to me like hes got healthcare, his house is paid off, his 401k is
> maxed out, so hell... why not?

Yep.
It's his money, and he's releasing a great car onto the used market.

Old November 9th 04, 02:12 PM
Andrew Tsen

Steve Bigelow > wrote:

>> sounds to me like hes got healthcare, his house is paid off, his 401k is
>> maxed out, so hell... why not?

> Yep.
> It's his money, and he's releasing a great car onto the used market.

So aside from my political views and money and country that I live in.
How about any input on the 05-06 models? I have attempted to looked up
some news about the 06 models, but I can't find anything on the net, yet.

So if someone have the inside scoop on them, please point me in the right
direction.

And FYI, I am not planning to drop my current car immediately. I am
doing a little research on it before dipping into a new car for a better
radio and built-in road maps.

Old November 14th 04, 05:50 PM
Matt DoCampo

I have read that Honda is planning a design refresh for the '06
Accord. As far as content goes, I am not quite sure what changes will
take place. Although I would not be surprised to see the Variable
Cylinder Management (VCM) system debut on the Accord V6.

The changes between the 2003 and 2005 model are minimal. Side curtain
airbags are now standard on all models of the Accord, also illuminated
steering wheel controls and redesigned rear taillamps were introduced
for 2005. The same 4-cyl i-VTEC engine and 5-speed auto remain the
same.

Since you are looking at the EX-L Navi or EX-V6 Navi model, you will
be happy to know the Honda Navigation system has been upgraded to
include more voice commands as well as improved graphic displays.

Matt