2000 Honda Civic Power Window Problem

Old October 19th 04, 02:17 PM

Default 2000 Honda Civic Power Window Problem

I have a 2000 Honda Civic and my problem lies with the driver's side
power window. It will roll down just fine, but when I attempt to raise
the window, it is very slow - and at some times stops. The other
windows in the car work just fine; the only problem is with the driver's
side window.

Has anyone else had this same problem? If so, how did you resolve the
issue? Was it the motor for the power window or something else that had
to be fixed? Thanks for your help!

Old October 22nd 04, 04:08 PM
AGS

Yeah, i've been having this problem as well for the last several years
with my 2000 Civic but only last year did the window somehow manage to
come off of its track. I've taken the door apart twice, lubricated the
arms holding the window with grease and tried running some oil (not
motor oil) down the tracks to help. No improvement. Perhaps this
winter, when it happens again, i'll try some silicone along the tracks.
During the summer, the window is perfectly fine.

-AGS

Old October 26th 04, 02:47 PM
jrudolf

AGS - Was it a trick to get the window back in track? I have a 99 civic and
the thing was slooooow for a couple of years. Just last night it buggered
right off track (i think) and is stuck about 1/2 way open.

The motor seems like its responding fine, but the window is pitched fwd a
bit and really digs into the rubber tracking near the side-view mirror
once it gets past 1/2 way up... any insight would be appreciated.
- j

Old October 27th 04, 02:07 AM

Seems to be a common problem. I have a 97 Civic and I am scared to
open my window when it rains. I was quoted over $300 to get it fixed

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 09:47:00 -0400, "jrudolf" >