2003 Accord power lock problem

Old September 26th 04, 04:02 AM
Steve Driska

Default 2003 Accord power lock problem

In article >, "aljudy"
> wrote:

> My '04 Accord is designed to lock after 15 seconds if a door was not opened
> after triggering the unlock from the remote. I do not like this, but the
> manual says that this is the way it is meant to operate. I have not done
> enough experiments to see if your situation is also a design intent, but I
> suspect it is. I have stored the valet key in a hidden position on the
> Accord to alleviate a lock out problem... Al
>
> "asharerin" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Hi we recently purchased a 2003 accord LX with 21,000 miles. I have
> > noticed a few times when I return to my car it is locked but all 4
> > windows are down the same amount.....about 3 inches. I have also
> > noticed when I unlock the car with the keyless entry it will lock
> > itself after a while. Well this morning my wife set the keys on the
> > seat and closed the door and the car locked itself with the keys
> > inside. She also had the valet key and spare key in her handbag inside
> > the car!!!!
> >
> > Is this an electrical problem with our Accord or do the power locks
> > automatically lock after a few seconds? It would seem this would cause
> > alot of people to be locked out of their cars! If it is a defect will
> > Honda pay to get our car unlocked so we can get back in and have this
> > problem fixed as it is still under warranty?
> >
> > TIA.

The 2003 accord LX works this way too, so it's normal or at least designed
that way. So if you unlock it from inside the house and then go outside
to get something out of the car, it locks itself just as you are arriving
at it.

Normal operation of the remote is press unlock once for the driver's door,
a second press of the unlock gets all the doors, and a third press held
down for a few seconds lowers all the windows. Maybe something was
pressing on the buttons while the key was in someone's pocket or purse?

--
Steve Driska