brakes are squealing

Old August 16th 05, 12:48 AM
venom1055

Default brakes are squealing

I just changed both front brake pads and the are squealing again what could
this be?

Old August 16th 05, 01:39 AM
Andy & Carol

Are they Honda pads? I have real good luck with Honda parts.
Andy

lkaboutautos.com...

Old August 16th 05, 02:25 AM
Professor

Did you install the anti-sqeal hardware and/or goop?

Professor
www.telstar-electronics.com

Old August 17th 05, 03:37 AM
TeGGeR®

"venom1055" > wrote in
lkaboutautos.com:

> I just changed both front brake pads and the are squealing again what
> could this be?

Under what conditions do they squeal?

Usual causes of squealing:
Dust
Rotor glaze
Anti-squeal shims missing
Grease not added to backs of above-mentioned shims
Aftermarket pads too hard

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ