2014 Chevrolet Corvette to debut at Detroit Auto Show, start production in Q3 2013

Old October 23rd 12, 08:44 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
CardsFan

Default 2014 Chevrolet Corvette to debut at Detroit Auto Show, start production in Q3 2013

"tww1491" wrote in message ...

"Bob I" wrote in message ...

On 10/21/2012 10:55 PM, uncle_vito wrote:

> Bet they still have that turd push rod engine. 2014 is just a GM cheapo
> rehash of the C6. Boring and another ploy to get the Vette sheeple to
> trash
> their C6's and pony up for a C7. When is GM going to build a world class
> car? 9000 rpm rev limit, overhead cam, 4 value per, direct injection,
> variable valve timing and an interior that is better than rental car?

Why apply rube-goldberg design to good engineering? Seems the only turd
around here is the vito clown.

A 2.0 ltr DOHC 4 valve I4 reving 9000 rpm worked well for the Honda S2000,
which was far removed from a Rube Goldberg design. But, then the S2000 is a
different concept than the Vette and a very different driving experience
from my viewpoint. And, both are quite enjoyable with very decent 6 speed
manuals.
____________________

I've had some time in the driver seat of an S2000 and while a lot of fun if
you kept the revs up, I got tired of the engine noise after a while. That
never happens in my Corvette. YMMV.

AJM
'93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

Old October 24th 12, 02:04 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Rufus

uncle_vito wrote:
> "CardsFan" > wrote in message ...
>>

>> "Observer" wrote in message
>>
>> On Sun, 21 Oct 2012 20:55:12 -0700, "uncle_vito"
>> > wrote:
>>

>>> "MummyChunk" > wrote in message
>>> news >>>> From AB

>>> -snip-
>>>>

>>> Bet they still have that turd push rod engine. 2014 is just a GM cheapo
>>> rehash of the C6. Boring and another ploy to get the Vette sheeple to
>>> trash
>>> their C6's and pony up for a C7. When is GM going to build a world class
>>> car? 9000 rpm rev limit, overhead cam, 4 value per, direct injection,
>>> variable valve timing and an interior that is better than rental car? Also
>>> ditch that lazy union labor. Mfg the vette in a right to work state where
>>> the workers really want to do a good job and do not watch the clock. They
>>> go home when the days work is done, and not before.
>>>

>> Do you really think a $50k car will be world class ??? I've heard
>> good things about the Corvette when it's in the $100k spot.
>> _________________
>>
>> As should be obvious, that guy is a troll. Please don't reply to his crap.
>>
>> AJM
>> '93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops)
>>

> Not a troll here. I own a '64 roadster. I just enjoy how GM plays owners
> who always have to have the latest gizmos in their ride. Their marketing
> strategy is to just put in enough new stuff to get you to trade in your few
> years old Vette. Then you buy new and GM will do it again. Repeat owner
> will end up taking $35k hits between cars. Ouch.

You could say that about just about any vehicle...or cell phone...

But to a point I have to agree - I have an '87 Z51 C4 and an '08 Z06
side by side in my garage right now, and I find the '87 far more fun to
drive more of the time...less distractions in the cockpit, an quite a
few ergonomic features I far an away prefer - starting with the seats,
and going on to include the steering ratio, better rear visibility, and
better backup lights. My '87 is more fun to drive in the canyons and
around town, and the Z06 doesn't really begin to get fun until you're
over 80-90...good thing I have Death Valley to go play in.

And my Harleys still turn more heads in town than either of them...jus'
sayin'...push rods rock!

--
- Rufus
Old October 24th 12, 02:07 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
uncle_vito

"Rufus" > wrote in message
> uncle_vito wrote:
>> "CardsFan" > wrote in message
>>>

>>> "Observer" wrote in message
>>>
>>> On Sun, 21 Oct 2012 20:55:12 -0700, "uncle_vito"

>>> Do you really think a $50k car will be world class ??? I've heard
>>> good things about the Corvette when it's in the $100k spot.
>>> _________________
>>>
>>> As should be obvious, that guy is a troll. Please don't reply to his
>>> crap.
>>>
>>> AJM
>>> '93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops)
>>>

>> Not a troll here. I own a '64 roadster. I just enjoy how GM plays
>> owners
>> who always have to have the latest gizmos in their ride. Their
>> marketing
>> strategy is to just put in enough new stuff to get you to trade in your
>> few
>> years old Vette. Then you buy new and GM will do it again. Repeat
>> owner
>> will end up taking $35k hits between cars. Ouch.
>>

> You could say that about just about any vehicle...or cell phone...
>
> But to a point I have to agree - I have an '87 Z51 C4 and an '08 Z06 side
> by side in my garage right now, and I find the '87 far more fun to drive
> more of the time...less distractions in the cockpit, an quite a few
> ergonomic features I far an away prefer - starting with the seats, and
> going on to include the steering ratio, better rear visibility, and better
> backup lights. My '87 is more fun to drive in the canyons and around
> town, and the Z06 doesn't really begin to get fun until you're over
> 80-90...good thing I have Death Valley to go play in.
>
> And my Harleys still turn more heads in town than either of them...jus'
> sayin'...push rods rock!
>
> --
> - Rufus

Cool. Go for it.

2014 Corvette uncle_vito Corvette 18 June 29th 11 04:35 AM
At the detroit three, cleaning the toilets is 'auto production' Brent[_4_] Driving 1 January 4th 09 01:46 AM
For Max and whomever - File 12 of 33 - 1954 Packard Panther-Daytona debut at New York International Auto Show.jpg (1/1) Mike G[_2_] Car Show Photos 0 June 15th 07 05:28 PM