Beeps on startup

Old July 21st 09, 02:37 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
dave AKA vwdoc1[_2_]

Default Beeps on startup

Very curious about this Steve!
Where are these alarm batteries?
And which Audis have these batteries?

thanks,
One out of many daves

gersoft.com...

Old July 21st 09, 01:52 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Steve Thompson

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009, dave AKA vwdoc1 wrote:

> Very curious about this Steve!
> Where are these alarm batteries?
> And which Audis have these batteries?

Sorry, I don't know the answers to those questions; I was just reproducing
a post from someone else who appeared to know, in the hope that it might
be useful to the OP. I've had those beeps in my own A4, but ignored them
with no apparent ill effect. I gave the A4 to my daughter, so I can't go
look.

Steve
Old July 21st 09, 08:18 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
TonyJ[_3_]

I have read posts on the AW forum that say that the alarm is located in
the driver's side of the trunk. It is supposed to be located near the
wheel well and behind the trunk protector panels.

The alarm is said to be a sealed unit but can be taken apart with a a
Dremel or such. Once apart there are batteries that can be replace and
them seal the unit and re-install.

Old July 21st 09, 09:07 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
dave AKA vwdoc1[_2_]

Thanks everyone.
I know that when my alarm goes off it sounds weak and pathetic. I don't
even really hear it! lol

Time to look through the Bentley and try to find more info about it rather
than it basically saying....
ALARM>>>YES

Now back to Steve's problem. What lights do you see that are normal, ABS
and BRAKE at least?
--
later,
(One out of many daves)

. ..

Old July 21st 09, 11:14 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Paul Dhuse

I did an autoscan on my car and there are no ABS error codes.

There are some antitheft alarm codes and the central vacuum system is
leaking, but those are the ones that I suspect.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks for all youse guys's advice.

dave AKA vwdoc1 wrote:
> Yep I just listened to a 1999 Audi A6 with a bad ABS module.
> 3 long beeps after the engine is running, but the lights blink and stay on.
>
> Now with the remanned ABS module things are nice and quiet again.
>
> Yours might be on the way out so you have received warning! ;-)

3 series of FIVE BEEPS mrbarnard Ford Mustang 1 July 14th 08 01:01 AM
5 beeps Steve[_54_] Mazda 3 June 1st 08 10:48 PM
2000 A4 - Four Beeps Marcus Redd Audi 11 February 10th 07 12:30 AM
2000 A4 - Four Beeps Limahl Audi 0 February 9th 07 10:10 PM
4 beeps ? me Audi 4 May 7th 05 08:55 PM