UAW forced to be paid as a Southern Foreign factory worker.

Old January 5th 09, 02:21 AM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford

Default UAW forced to be paid as a Southern Foreign factory worker.

Mark A wrote:
>"80 Knight" <nospam> wrote in message
m...

>>I don't know what countries you are talking about, but here in Canada, I
>>can choose whatever Doctor I want, I and my Doctor decide what treatment I
>>get, and the waiting times are much less then most people think they are.
>>As for you comment about age, that is pure bull ****.

>I can't speak about CA but in most European countries if a patient has a
>serious disease and are over a certain age, they might not spend as much
>money treating you as if you were younger (depending on what the treatment
>costs are).
>
>You cannot go to "any" doctor and get free care, you can only go to doctors
>who are paid by the national health care plan. That is like an HMO and why
>people in the US complain about it. A lot of Canadians come to the US and
>pay for healthcare out of their own pocket, to get the treatment they want.

Far more Canadians get health care paid for by their government when
they come to the U.S.
Old January 5th 09, 05:23 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda
Mike Hunter[_2_]

Any American who believes the government will provide them with better
hearthcare for less money, was never in the US military. If they were,
they cerainly were never in a VA hospital LOL

> wrote in message
>

> Mark A wrote:
om...

Old January 5th 09, 07:14 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda
Mike Hunter[_2_]

Default Watch what you wsih for

My on son is a cardiologist I know what I'm talking about. If what you
believe to be true, was actually true, why would any doctor accept ANY HMO
patients and agree to an even lower fee for his service? I told you the
doctors Medicare reimbursement rate for my surgery was nearly $6,000 and my
HMO settled at $2,800. Why would he do that?

Old January 6th 09, 01:15 AM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda
Mike Hunter[_2_]

I guess we can assume you are not familiar with Medicare and how it is going
broke? LOL

Old January 6th 09, 01:54 AM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

Thus spake me > :

>On Mon, 5 Jan 2009 11:23:27 -0500, "Mike Hunter" <mikehunt2@lycos/com>
>wrote:
>
>>Any American who believes the government will provide them with better
>>hearthcare for less money, was never in the US military. If they were,
>>they cerainly were never in a VA hospital LOL

>There's a big differnece between the government _providing_ health
>care and the government serving as the intermediary (i.e. "insurer")
>between the clients and the providers.

Yeah, but their pricing will be "lowest bidder". As one Mercury
astronaut said (Sheppard?) "Here I was, sitting on 5000 pounds of high
explosives, all built by the lowest bidder"

Did you know that in the US, anyone with an MD can practice GP
medicine?
--
- dillon I am not invalid

When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams come true.
Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which
will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no
matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Old January 13th 09, 12:12 AM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda
Xenu The Enturbulator

Mike Hunter wrote:

> The stupidity of the high Medicare rates is, if I were a member of the corps
> under 65, the corps would NOT charge me or my HMO a dine. Since I am of 65
> and they did NOT bill the HMO they would be charged with Medicare fraud.
> Medicare IS DEFINITELY one of the primary reasons for our high medical care
> cost in the US and for the reasons stated previously

I wonder why it has to be that way.

Here in the UK we have the NHS which provides the insurance, the
surgeries, the doctors/nurses, and the hospitals all at once. Since the
private companies and the private doctors/hospitals all have to compete
with the basic level of care set by the NHS, their pricing structures
reflect this and private insurance is quite cheap here.

The health service in the USA appears to be a big scam with the
insurers, the HMOs and - yes - the doctors who prescribe all kinds of
wonder drugs for small ailments - all in on it. I'd definitely agree
that a good private hospital will be cleaner and more comfortable than
the average hospital in the UK. But you're paying over the odds for it.
Our hospitals here are not hotel-like in their luxury, and I certainly
won't pretend they're perfect; we might wait a few weeks longer for
surgery, but the population as a whole is generally healthier. It
shouldn't be beyond the gift of the USA, a nation far more powerful and
richer than the UK, to figure this out ?