Sticky Steering??????? 89YJ

Old June 17th 06, 09:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Sticky Steering??????? 89YJ

I have Sticky Steering on my 89 YJ. I have replaced both U-joints in
the front wheels, upper and lower balljoints, steering dampner,and tie
rods. The whole front end has been rebuilt except for the tie rods next
to the tires which were not bad. I just got the jeep and decided to
restore it. Thats why I have done all the work to the front end. The
jeep has a 3 inch body lift, and the guy I bought it from said it had a
4 inch body lift. The shop I used to have the U joints in the front
wheels replaced said it was the wrong steering dampner. I just bought
it new and replaced it. I also had the same problem when the old one
was installed. The bottom steering arm can be moved quite easily up and
down, he said due to the steering dampner. Like I said it was also
doing it with the old one. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm
getting ready to put 35's back on it. It has 31's on it now. Will a
stock steering dampner work, or with the lift do I need to go to
something different. Maybe a double? Any suggestions would be great.
I'm located in southern Maryland. Even a good front end shop would be
great. Thanks for the help.

Power steering 89yj 4.2 Scott Smith Jeep 10 February 1st 06 03:29 PM
91 Golf Needs Adjustable Left Tie Rod you are nuts VW water cooled 7 December 21st 05 08:30 PM
Noisey VUE Scout Saturn 5 January 16th 05 01:59 AM
Cracked Steering Damper Assembly- Be careful Jason 4x4 2 May 19th 04 12:42 PM