2001 Accord EX - Cruise Control has failed

Old January 21st 09, 05:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
waynewright

Default 2001 Accord EX - Cruise Control has failed

Hi Everyone. I received tremendous help here before and hoping for a
repeat.

My deal is that the cruise control will no longer engage. It stopped
working just about a year ago, but now with a new job/commute I wish
had it back. Page 319 of the manual shows the only reference to a
fuse related to cruise control, and it is not burned out. It's 6th
from the bottom on the Driver's side interior fuse box. It's a 15A
fuse called "ECU (ECM/PCM), Cruise Control" and is definitely not
burned out and is making good contact.

The main Cruise Control push button to the left of the steering wheel
(next to sun roof control) does still click in and light up green
(not
the dash light, just the button) but the cruise buttons on the
steering wheel will not set a speed.

For the record, I am not too mechanically inclined and not looking to
drop more than a few bucks to fix. It would be nice to have back but
I can live without cruise, especially in this economy.

At the moment the engine is throwing a "P0420" OBDII code for the
catalytic converter, but that just started and can't see how it's
related since the cruise failed last year. Any other fuses I need to
check? Looking for advice as to what to do next. Thanks all!