Bird Poop?

Old May 7th 04, 08:44 AM

Default Bird Poop?

I know this may seem like a silly question, but I really could use some
help on this. The other day a Bird decided to dump on the Roof of my
L300. Well I did not notice it at first and it kind of baked on in the
Hot Sun. When I did finally get it off, it seemed like it damaged the
clear coat a little, it left a mark. Is there any way to fix this with
out causing any more damage to the finish? Thanks in advance for any
help on this!
Darn Birds, why do they always pick my car? :-(

Old May 7th 04, 10:43 AM
Ken Knapp

For me a coat of wax always takes care of it - or always has.

Ken

Old May 7th 04, 12:02 PM
marx404

pick up some Maguires Gold wax and Quick Detailing Wax spray. Keep your car
well waxed to protect the finish. After you clean the poop off, spray the
paint with the QD spray to further protect it. I also use Dupont Teflon
spray wax after washing my car, nothing sticks to the paint after that.

marx404

Old May 7th 04, 02:16 PM
Jonnie Santos

....just wanted to add when taking it off to use no force and use plain
water, lots of it. For the baked on mess, I usually put a wet paper towel
on it and let it soak until it comes off without any effort.

Old May 13th 04, 02:58 AM
Teem

Poop on back window,use caution when rubbing!,my last cars' glass was
scratched from using the squeegee!,I think it was an old squeegee,no bird
has that much "fibre" in it's ****.

Old May 13th 04, 03:38 AM
Jonnie Santos

Ford is experimenting with a offensive strategy to deal with Pigeons and the
like...
....check out: http://www.jonniesantos.com/hotlinks/birdless.mpg

hlink.net...

Old May 13th 04, 04:15 PM
rickety

Jonnie Santos wrote:
> Ford is experimenting with a offensive strategy to deal with Pigeons
> and the like...
> ...check out: http://www.jonniesantos.com/hotlinks/birdless.mpg
>

> "Teem" > wrote in message
> hlink.net...
>> Poop on back window,use caution when rubbing!,my last cars' glass was
>> scratched from using the squeegee!,I think it was an old squeegee,no
>> bird has that much "fibre" in it's ****.
>> "Jonnie Santos" > wrote in message
>>> ...just wanted to add when taking it off to use no force and use
>>> plain water, lots of it. For the baked on mess, I usually put a
>>> wet paper towel on it and let it soak until it comes off without
>>> any effort.

> your
>>> car

and they have cats covered too

http://www.snopes.com/photos/commercials/sportka.asp

--
Rickety

Old May 14th 04, 04:13 AM
Jonnie Santos

....I had not seen that one (thanks). A good example about what people in
different parts of the world find funny.