wrecked 05 prices

Old March 9th 08, 03:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default wrecked 05 prices

I was looking at an autotrader the other day, there was a totalled 05
GT. All front end. hood, bumper, headlights, grill, gone. Probly frame
damage too. $6900. Ok that seems like a mechanics deal. Then a couple
pages after, theres an 05 GT in perfect condition $10k. So what the
hecks the point? it would take more to buy and fix the wreck than to
buy the perfectly fine one. WTF?
Old March 10th 08, 02:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Mike Coel

> wrote in message
>I was looking at an autotrader the other day, there was a totalled 05
> GT. All front end. hood, bumper, headlights, grill, gone. Probly frame
> damage too. $6900. Ok that seems like a mechanics deal. Then a couple
> pages after, theres an 05 GT in perfect condition $10k. So what the
> hecks the point? it would take more to buy and fix the wreck than to
> buy the perfectly fine one. WTF?

Why put $3,100 into it, when you could get one that wasn't wrecked ?
Just Good Paint is $3,000 Or get the 2 year paint for $400
Seems like the owner (probably a wrecking place) has his price too high.

Old March 10th 08, 02:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John B.

An '05 GT in perfect condition for $10k?? Uhm, I'd be looking CLOSELY at
that car before making any decision to purchase it.

I wrecked my car #@snail.com Driving 1 September 18th 07 12:26 AM
Wrecked my '01! Anon Corvette 2 July 14th 06 12:01 AM
Wrecked my '01! Charlie[_1_] Corvette 1 July 11th 06 04:05 AM
Wrecked my '96, might need a new one Jim Holcomb Ford Explorer 7 November 18th 05 12:57 AM