Dual port resources

Old April 3rd 07, 09:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default Dual port resources

I just bought a 1969 std. Beetle. The engine is not original, as it's
a 1600 cc dual port. I don't even know what "dual port" is exactly.
I'm assuming the term is related to the intake manifold or injectors,
so I'd appreciate it if anybody could point me toward a good online
resource outlining this engine. Thanks.

Old April 3rd 07, 09:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
bug '59

> schreef in bericht
ups.com...

http://www.vw-resource.com/index.html

Old April 7th 07, 07:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
AshMan

On Apr 4, 5:02 am, wrote:
> I just bought a 1969 std. Beetle. The engine is not original, as it's
> a 1600 cc dual port. I don't even know what "dual port" is exactly.
> I'm assuming the term is related to the intake manifold or injectors,
> so I'd appreciate it if anybody could point me toward a good online
> resource outlining this engine. Thanks.

Welcome to the newsgroup. There are lots of experienced aircooled VW
(ACVW) folks here who can help with almost any problem you are having,
but since the ACVW engine has been around a while (over half a
century) you can imagine that most problems (and questions) have
happened to someone previously and may actually be documented
somewhere in here. Use the search to lookup any questions or problems
before posting a new "old question". Not trying to be critical here,
just letting you know that there's lots of info already here for the
browsing.

BTW - "dual port" describes the cylinder head with individual intake
runners, one per cylinder or two ports per head. Earlier heads shared
a single intake port (single port heads). This site shows the changes
to the Beetle over the years:
http://home.hiwaay.net/~jfrohwei/vwac/changes.html

Both Speedy Jim's and bug '59's suggestions are very good. You may
also want to seach these forums/sites as they also contain a wealth of
knowledge on the ACVW (not in any specific order):
http://www.shoptalkforums.com/
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/
http://www.thebugshop.org/gotech.htm