C9 Oil Pressure Q.

Old February 25th 06, 06:15 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default C9 Oil Pressure Q.

My Oil pressure (guage) is pegging - max. Has been for ages.

Being mechanically inept - I'm a liability anywhere near a car, with a
tool - I have to pay someone to check it out (I'm assuming I need a new
sensor). How big a job is it, to change the sensor ?

THX.

Old February 25th 06, 08:34 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

C9?
Maybe it's the Dilithinum Crystals, or possibly the HyperDrive?
Check to see if the Cloaking Device still operates properly,
might be tied to that. :-)

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
remove -SPAM- from email address
--------------------------------------
"Homer no function beer well without."
- H.J. Simpson

Old February 25th 06, 10:27 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Guess it's time to trade in the old C8....

.. .

Old February 25th 06, 10:42 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

5 - I can't type either :-(

Old February 25th 06, 11:45 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"Rufio" > wrote in message
newsp.s5jv1kcg6x1zv6@daves-m520...
> 5 - I can't type either :-(
>
> On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 15:27:45 -0700, BDragon >
> wrote:
>
> > Guess it's time to trade in the old C8....
> >
> > "RicSeyler" > wrote in message
> > .. .
> >> C9?
> >> Maybe it's the Dilithinum Crystals, or possibly the HyperDrive?
> >> Check to see if the Cloaking Device still operates properly,
> >> might be tied to that. :-)

Sorry for poking fun. The sensor is very easy to change. I doubt that it's
the problem, however, but maybe. It's a cheap place to start, anyway.

Old February 27th 06, 12:33 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

I don't. Mine did the same thing untill I put the new sensor in. NAPA had
it for about $40. Pain to get to. Let somebody else do it. It unscrews like
a spark plug, but it sits under the intake manifold so you will be bent over
the car for about an hour trying to figure out how to get the intake off.
There is a plastic tube that runs behind the intake that likes to break and
the fuel line may need to be disconnected. I managed to replace mine
without removing the fuel line. Did the job 3 or 4 times and then I just
stopped looking at the gauge. The sensors would keep going up.

-Stan

"BDragon" > wrote in message

> "Rufio" > wrote in message
> newsp.s5jv1kcg6x1zv6@daves-m520...
>> 5 - I can't type either :-(
>>
>> On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 15:27:45 -0700, BDragon >
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Guess it's time to trade in the old C8....
>> >
>> > "RicSeyler" > wrote in message
>> > .. .

> Sorry for poking fun. The sensor is very easy to change. I doubt that
> it's
> the problem, however, but maybe. It's a cheap place to start, anyway.

oil pressure sender failures: Continued David Teichholtz Saturn 9 February 21st 06 12:31 PM
Oil Pressure Gauge and Engine death CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert Technology 22 January 22nd 06 01:11 AM
'91 Plymouth Grand Voyager; Cutting Out and Oil Pressure Pentastar Chrysler 6 January 13th 06 05:38 AM
Starting Problems McNick Jeep 12 October 1st 05 03:58 AM
Oil pressure gauge sticking on start-up in cold weather? Azfreeflyer Ford Explorer 6 December 27th 04 03:22 PM