GPL audio problem

Old March 25th 12, 03:57 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
LuvrSmel

Default GPL audio problem

Anyone know what could be causing my cars to sound like they're buzzing?
I installed GPLEA Engine Sounds and it worked really well for awhile.
But then the sounds have gone awry and re-installing GPLEA hasn't helped at
all.
Thanks for any suggestions

Old March 27th 12, 11:34 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Bob_Simpson[_3_]

On Mar 25, 10:57*am, "Luvrsmel" > wrote:
> Anyone know what could be causing my cars to sound like they're buzzing?
> I installed GPLEA Engine Sounds and it worked really well for awhile.
> But then the sounds have gone awry and re-installing GPLEA hasn't helped at
> all.
> Thanks for any suggestions

We need to know what OS and sound device you have.

The quick fix is to go into control panel > sounds <OR> Start >
programs > accessories > run > dxdiag and find where to reduce the
hardware acceleration for the sound device.
Old March 29th 12, 01:45 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Remco Moedt[_3_]

Luvrsmel wrote:
> Anyone know what could be causing my cars to sound like they're buzzing?
> I installed GPLEA Engine Sounds and it worked really well for awhile.
> But then the sounds have gone awry and re-installing GPLEA hasn't helped
> at all.
> Thanks for any suggestions

Maybe the sound section of this page might help you.

http://srmz.net/index.php?showtopic=3714

Cheers!

Remco
Old April 25th 12, 01:11 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andre Warringa

On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 07:57:54 -0700, "Luvrsmel" > wrote:

>Anyone know what could be causing my cars to sound like they're buzzing?
>I installed GPLEA Engine Sounds and it worked really well for awhile.
>But then the sounds have gone awry and re-installing GPLEA hasn't helped at
>all.
>Thanks for any suggestions

I could never fix this problem after upgrading to a new pc. Tried
everything, including different soundcards.
For me this was one of the 2 reasons why I quit GPL.
The other one being that the online community died, there were hardly
any races anymore on VROC.

Even though a lot of good sims came out after GPL (just bought an
xbox360 only for Forza 4), not one of them gave me the same enjoyment
GPL and its community did :-/

Cheers
Andre
Old May 2nd 12, 02:52 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ron Ronchetto

I agree with you 100% Andre.... GPL gave me the most enjoyment of all the
sims out there that I've tried. It was a good group of people and lots of
fun close racing..... A Very Good Community Indeed !!!!!

Old May 4th 12, 09:43 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andre Warringa

Good to hear I'm not the only one
I tried Iracing for a month but it just wasn't my cup of tea.
GT5 was a huge letdown. The sim that comes closes to the fun-factor I
had with GPL is Forza 4. Both online and offline Forza 4 is just
bloody briliant

What I do miss is all the old track layouts. The old Spa from '67 was
so much more fun than the current layouts. Thank God the Schleife is
still intact

Cheers
Andre

On Tue, 1 May 2012 19:52:00 -0600, "Ron Ronchetto"
> wrote:

>I agree with you 100% Andre.... GPL gave me the most enjoyment of all the
>sims out there that I've tried. It was a good group of people and lots of
>fun close racing..... A Very Good Community Indeed !!!!!

.. .

Old May 5th 12, 01:08 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Remco Moedt[_3_]

Heya Andre!

Andre Warringa wrote:
> I tried Iracing for a month but it just wasn't my cup of tea.

That was what I did aswell. A month ago I rejoined and it's
much better! Not for my wallet though...

But wait...

The Lotus 49 comes to iRacing! The Lotus F1 from 1979 already
is available. And with tracks like Brands Hatch, Oulton Park,
Zandvoort and Virginia International Speedway you can have a
lot of fun!

Add to that cars like the Ford GT, the Indycar and Ford V8
and you've much more choice than with GPL.

See you soon on the track!

Cheers!

Remco

Old May 5th 12, 02:46 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Remco Moedt:
Heya Andre!

Andre Warringa wrote:
> I tried Iracing for a month but it just wasn't my cup of tea.

That was what I did aswell. A month ago I rejoined and it's
much better! Not for my wallet though...

But wait...

The Lotus 49 comes to iRacing! The Lotus F1 from 1979 already
is available. And with tracks like Brands Hatch, Oulton Park,
Zandvoort and Virginia International Speedway you can have a
lot of fun!

Add to that cars like the Ford GT, the Indycar and Ford V8
and you've much more choice than with GPL.

See you soon on the track!

This new Cadillac is fun.

Old May 6th 12, 11:33 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andre Warringa

Hi Remco

Yes I read about the Lotus 49 coming (a long time ago actually.. any
release date known?) and when that become available ofcourse I'll give
Iracing a second shot

Cheers,
Andre

On Sat, 05 May 2012 14:08:42 +0200, Remco Moedt

GPL audio problem Luvrsmel Simulators 5 August 5th 08 09:54 AM
audio problem Dan[_28_] BMW 2 March 30th 08 03:28 AM
e39 audio mute problem Stix BMW 0 October 18th 07 01:28 PM
2004 Honda Accord EX w/ nav audio problem - no audio Jeff Papineau Honda 3 June 29th 07 04:00 AM
GPL problem Uwe Schürkamp Simulators 9 December 17th 04 12:16 PM