Toyota to recall 600,000 Sienna minivans

Old April 17th 10, 07:14 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.lexus
john

Default Toyota to recall 600,000 Sienna minivans

Yeah, another Toyota recall.

"Toyota said today it was recalling 600,000 Sienna minivans to inspect
for rust in the cable that holds the spare tire, adding to the more
than 6 million vehicles already under recall by the automaker this
year.

Toyota said it does not yet have a fix for the problem, which is
likely confined to 20 cold-weather states, including Michigan, which
use road salt in winter. Owners in other states can have their vans
inspected for the problem.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010041...600000-Siennas
Old April 17th 10, 04:23 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.lexus
Wayne[_6_]

"john" > wrote in message
> Yeah, another Toyota recall.
>
> "Toyota said today it was recalling 600,000 Sienna minivans to inspect
> for rust in the cable that holds the spare tire, adding to the more
> than 6 million vehicles already under recall by the automaker this
> year.

If the gummint dived into GM vehicles the way Toyota is being
persecuted.....GM would cease to exist.

Old April 17th 10, 05:19 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.lexus
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 08:23:17 -0700, Wayne wrote:

> "john" > wrote in message
>> Yeah, another Toyota recall.
>>
>> "Toyota said today it was recalling 600,000 Sienna minivans to inspect
>> for rust in the cable that holds the spare tire, adding to the more than
>> 6 million vehicles already under recall by the automaker this year.
>>

> If the gummint dived into GM vehicles the way Toyota is being
> persecuted.....GM would cease to exist.

The Government *owns* GM. Toyota is the biggest competitor.
Lahood is an ex UAW union dog.
No rocket science involved

Old April 18th 10, 05:08 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.lexus
Wayne[_6_]

"me" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 12:19:05 -0400, Hachiroku ???? >
> wrote:

>>> If the gummint dived into GM vehicles the way Toyota is being
>>> persecuted.....GM would cease to exist.

>>The Government *owns* GM. Toyota is the biggest competitor.
>>Lahood is an ex UAW union dog.
>>No rocket science involved

> Yeah... it's all a government conspiracy.

-
No, but that's the way the government approaches problems. When you get on
the government's radar, you are in trouble until the government gets
distracted to something else. Realistically, Toyota cars are pretty damned
good. It is not likely that any other car manufacturer would do as well as
Toyota under the current scrutiny.

However, all this micromanagement by the government is going to get Toyota
to produce a much better product, and Toyota will really kick ass in the
future.

Old April 19th 10, 05:32 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.lexus
chuckcar

me > wrote in
:

> On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 09:08:50 -0700, "Wayne" >
> wrote:
>
>>No, but that's the way the government approaches problems. When you
>>get on the government's radar, you are in trouble until the government
>>gets distracted to something else.

> Yes, when you **** off the NHTSA they start to look at all you are
> doing. Toyota has lots of dirty laundry.
>
>> Realistically, Toyota cars are pretty damned
>>good. It is not likely that any other car manufacturer would do as
>>well as Toyota under the current scrutiny.

> I don't know that the second part of that is true. Some manufacturers
> are very cautious with safety issues and very generous with repairs
> when they see a major issue. Toyota is obviously not the only one who
> hides problems though.
>
>>However, all this micromanagement by the government is going to get
>>Toyota to produce a much better product, and Toyota will really kick
>>ass in the future.

> Maybe. I question whether a company with this embedded corporate and
> cultural attitude can ever change. See my post on their actions way
> back in 1986 when they were already like this - but it just didn't hit
> the level of widespread deaths so there wasn't an uproar. Large
> companies with longstanding company cultures don't change very fast
> and when you add in the "people culture" issue, I don't really know
> that they'll ever change.

There *are* problems with Toyota's upper management and the same ones exist
within Honda IMHO. If you want proof, look up what happened last year in
Formula one and How Toyota's done in F1 for their period in it. These probably
don't have any affect on their road cars per se, but certainly would have
an affect on any response to such actions by the US Govt.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
Old April 19th 10, 05:35 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.lexus
Michael[_18_]

On Apr 16, 11:14*pm, john > wrote:
> Yeah, another Toyota recall.
>
> "Toyota said today it was recalling 600,000 Sienna minivans to inspect
> for rust in the cable that holds the spare tire, adding to the more
> than 6 million vehicles already under recall by the automaker this
> year.
>
> Toyota said it does not yet have a fix for the problem, which is
> likely confined to 20 cold-weather states, including Michigan, which
> use road salt in winter. Owners in other states can have their vans
> inspected for the problem.
>
> http://www.freep.com/article/2010041...067/1210/busin...

No fix for the problem? Really? Simply switching to a non-stainless-
steel cable should do it...?! Or hey, just coat the cable with epoxy
or something...

Michael
Old April 19th 10, 07:36 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.lexus
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 09:08:50 -0700, Wayne wrote:

> "me" > wrote in message
>> On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 12:19:05 -0400, Hachiroku ???? >
>> wrote:

>>>The Government *owns* GM. Toyota is the biggest competitor. Lahood is an
>>>ex UAW union dog.
>>>No rocket science involved

>> Yeah... it's all a government conspiracy.

> -
> No, but that's the way the government approaches problems. When you get
> on the government's radar, you are in trouble until the government gets
> distracted to something else. Realistically, Toyota cars are pretty
> damned good. It is not likely that any other car manufacturer would do as
> well as Toyota under the current scrutiny.
>
> However, all this micromanagement by the government is going to get Toyota
> to produce a much better product, and Toyota will really kick ass in the
> future.

About the way it'll play out. I can't wait to get a 2014 Scion!

Old April 19th 10, 11:46 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.lexus
Wayne[_6_]

"Hachiroku ????" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 09:08:50 -0700, Wayne wrote:
>

>> "me" > wrote in message

>>> Yeah... it's all a government conspiracy.

>> -
>> No, but that's the way the government approaches problems. When you get
>> on the government's radar, you are in trouble until the government gets
>> distracted to something else. Realistically, Toyota cars are pretty
>> damned good. It is not likely that any other car manufacturer would do
>> as
>> well as Toyota under the current scrutiny.
>>
>> However, all this micromanagement by the government is going to get
>> Toyota
>> to produce a much better product, and Toyota will really kick ass in the
>> future.

> About the way it'll play out. I can't wait to get a 2014 Scion!

Why wait till 2014?

Old April 19th 10, 11:53 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.lexus
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Default Toyota to recall 6,600,000 Sienna minivans & SUVs

On Apr 19, 3:46*pm, "Wayne" > wrote:
> "Hachiroku ????" > wrote in message

> > On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 09:08:50 -0700, Wayne wrote:

> >> "me" > wrote in message
> . ..

> >> -
> >> No, but that's the way the government approaches problems. *When you get
> >> on the government's radar, you are in trouble until the government gets
> >> distracted to something else. *Realistically, Toyota cars are pretty
> >> damned good. *It is not likely that any other car manufacturer would do
> >> as
> >> well as Toyota under the current scrutiny.

> >> However, all this micromanagement by the government is going to get
> >> Toyota
> >> to produce a much better product, and Toyota will really kick ass in the
> >> future.

> > About the way it'll play out. I can't wait to get a 2014 Scion!

> Why wait till 2014?

I thought this number makes more sense.

Old April 20th 10, 12:58 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.lexus
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 15:46:52 -0700, Wayne wrote:

> "Hachiroku ????" > wrote in message

>>> -
>>> No, but that's the way the government approaches problems. When you
>>> get on the government's radar, you are in trouble until the government
>>> gets distracted to something else. Realistically, Toyota cars are
>>> pretty damned good. It is not likely that any other car manufacturer
>>> would do as
>>> well as Toyota under the current scrutiny.
>>>
>>> However, all this micromanagement by the government is going to get
>>> Toyota
>>> to produce a much better product, and Toyota will really kick ass in
>>> the future.

>> About the way it'll play out. I can't wait to get a 2014 Scion!
>>

> Why wait till 2014?

Gonna take them about that to re-engineer and get the goodies out.