Guy Wins $10M in Lottery - 4 years later drives drunk and kills 3 - 17 years prison

Old August 17th 08, 04:42 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Default Guy Wins $10M in Lottery - 4 years later drives drunk and kills 3 - 17 years prison

I'm amazed. People with that kind of money can burn down an orphanage and
avoid prison. Does San Bernardino actually have an honest judge?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26237426/

Lottery winner goes to prison for deadly crash
Man won $10 million in 2001, gets 17 years for driving drunk; 3 killed
updated 11:29 a.m. MT, Sat., Aug. 16, 2008

SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. - A man who won $10 million in a California lottery
game was sentenced to more than 17 years in prison for a drunken-driving
crash that killed three people.

Thomas Turnour pleaded guilty to gross vehicular manslaughter while
intoxicated and causing injury while driving intoxicated.

The winner of a SuperLotto game in 2001 was sentenced Friday in San
Bernardino.

The 52-year-old man from Victorville was driving a pickup that hit a car
stopped at a red light in San Bernardino three years ago, authorities say.
Three people inside the first car died.

His attorney said Turnour essentially "turned over everything he has" to
settle a lawsuit filed by the victims' families.
Old August 17th 08, 05:05 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
My Land of Misery

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> I'm amazed. People with that kind of money can burn down an orphanage and
> avoid prison. Does San Bernardino actually have an honest judge?
>
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26237426/
>
> Lottery winner goes to prison for deadly crash
> Man won $10 million in 2001, gets 17 years for driving drunk; 3 killed
> updated 11:29 a.m. MT, Sat., Aug. 16, 2008
>
> SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. - A man who won $10 million in a California lottery
> game was sentenced to more than 17 years in prison for a drunken-driving
> crash that killed three people.
>
> Thomas Turnour pleaded guilty to gross vehicular manslaughter while
> intoxicated and causing injury while driving intoxicated.
>
> The winner of a SuperLotto game in 2001 was sentenced Friday in San
> Bernardino.
>
> The 52-year-old man from Victorville was driving a pickup that hit a car
> stopped at a red light in San Bernardino three years ago, authorities say.
> Three people inside the first car died.
>
> His attorney said Turnour essentially "turned over everything he has" to
> settle a lawsuit filed by the victims' families.

Huh. You push for prison time for killing-by-DUI and question the
integrity of a judge who does just what you recommend? Looks like you
need a break from the confusion. Might I recommend sunbathing in
Antarctica? I hear it's PERFECT this time of year.
Old August 17th 08, 05:24 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
Nate Nagel[_2_]

My Land of Misery wrote:
> Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>
>> I'm amazed. People with that kind of money can burn down an orphanage
>> and avoid prison. Does San Bernardino actually have an honest judge?
>>
>> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26237426/
>>
>> Lottery winner goes to prison for deadly crash
>> Man won $10 million in 2001, gets 17 years for driving drunk; 3 killed
>> updated 11:29 a.m. MT, Sat., Aug. 16, 2008
>>
>> SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. - A man who won $10 million in a California
>> lottery game was sentenced to more than 17 years in prison for a
>> drunken-driving crash that killed three people.
>>
>> Thomas Turnour pleaded guilty to gross vehicular manslaughter while
>> intoxicated and causing injury while driving intoxicated.
>>
>> The winner of a SuperLotto game in 2001 was sentenced Friday in San
>> Bernardino.
>>
>> The 52-year-old man from Victorville was driving a pickup that hit a
>> car stopped at a red light in San Bernardino three years ago,
>> authorities say. Three people inside the first car died.
>>
>> His attorney said Turnour essentially "turned over everything he has"
>> to settle a lawsuit filed by the victims' families.

> Huh. You push for prison time for killing-by-DUI and question the
> integrity of a judge who does just what you recommend? Looks like you
> need a break from the confusion. Might I recommend sunbathing in
> Antarctica? I hear it's PERFECT this time of year.

What I don't understand is why anyone with what clearly is f-you money
wouldn't simply hire a driver if he wanted to get drunk. "I couldn't
afford it" shouldn't have applied in this case.

Of course, I just don't understand rich people. I was actually having
this discussion over dinner tonight. Let's say you release a hit
record, win the lottery, whatever. All of a sudden you have a couple
mil in your lap. Why not just sock away 3 or 4 mil, invest it in
something with a steady rate of return, and live modestly off the
interest while you figure out what you want to do with the rest of your
life? Then if you still have money left over, you can think about the
fast cars, mansions on the beach, etc. Nah, that would make too much sense.

I'm thinking maybe I should just start a new business. If you find
yourself newly rich and want to make sure you don't end up being the
next Amy Winehouse, simply hire me. I'll be the guy that tells you the
**** you need to hear but your friends won't tell you because they're
afraid you'll cut them off and then they won't get invited to all your
bumpin parties anymore.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old August 17th 08, 06:03 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
My Land of Misery

Nate Nagel wrote:
> My Land of Misery wrote:
>> Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>>
>>> I'm amazed. People with that kind of money can burn down an
>>> orphanage and avoid prison. Does San Bernardino actually have an
>>> honest judge?
>>>
>>> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26237426/
>>>
>>> Lottery winner goes to prison for deadly crash
>>> Man won $10 million in 2001, gets 17 years for driving drunk; 3 killed
>>> updated 11:29 a.m. MT, Sat., Aug. 16, 2008
>>>
>>> SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. - A man who won $10 million in a California
>>> lottery game was sentenced to more than 17 years in prison for a
>>> drunken-driving crash that killed three people.
>>>
>>> Thomas Turnour pleaded guilty to gross vehicular manslaughter while
>>> intoxicated and causing injury while driving intoxicated.
>>>
>>> The winner of a SuperLotto game in 2001 was sentenced Friday in San
>>> Bernardino.
>>>
>>> The 52-year-old man from Victorville was driving a pickup that hit a
>>> car stopped at a red light in San Bernardino three years ago,
>>> authorities say. Three people inside the first car died.
>>>
>>> His attorney said Turnour essentially "turned over everything he has"
>>> to settle a lawsuit filed by the victims' families.

>> Huh. You push for prison time for killing-by-DUI and question the
>> integrity of a judge who does just what you recommend? Looks like you
>> need a break from the confusion. Might I recommend sunbathing in
>> Antarctica? I hear it's PERFECT this time of year.

> What I don't understand is why anyone with what clearly is f-you money
> wouldn't simply hire a driver if he wanted to get drunk. "I couldn't
> afford it" shouldn't have applied in this case.

YGIAGAM-AMEBB*
Apparently the big difference between rich-by-lottery and
rich-by-Hollywood is that lottery winners don't get exposure to TMZ
and/or other paparazzi.

> Of course, I just don't understand rich people. I was actually having
> this discussion over dinner tonight. Let's say you release a hit
> record, win the lottery, whatever. All of a sudden you have a couple
> mil in your lap. Why not just sock away 3 or 4 mil, invest it in
> something with a steady rate of return, and live modestly off the
> interest while you figure out what you want to do with the rest of your
> life? Then if you still have money left over, you can think about the
> fast cars, mansions on the beach, etc. Nah, that would make too much
> sense.

Remember, "common sense" is an oxymoron.

> I'm thinking maybe I should just start a new business. If you find
> yourself newly rich and want to make sure you don't end up being the
> next Amy Winehouse, simply hire me. I'll be the guy that tells you the
> **** you need to hear but your friends won't tell you because they're
> afraid you'll cut them off and then they won't get invited to all your
> bumpin parties anymore.
>
> nate

You may have something there, Nate. Use the Dogbert approach. Maybe we
can start a franchise.

--

*Your guess is as good as mine-and might even be better.
Old August 17th 08, 06:23 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
necromancer[_4_]

SFB spewed:

>I'm amazed. People with that kind of money can burn down an orphanage and
>avoid prison. Does San Bernardino actually have an honest judge?

<< snip article >>

He won the US$10mil in 2001, when the american (sic) dollar was still
worth something, you goob.

BTW, have you gotten those tires fixed yet, killer?
--
S&DDAM admits to putting others in danger with its beater
(gramatical errors left as is):

"Foot pumps are a joke. I had one once and since the piston only moves like
2 inches it took 50 pumps to raise the pressure by one psi. Go with the
hand pumps where the piston moves around 15 inches. One of my tires has
exposed cords and i have to pump it up every week. "

--Speeders & Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS, 3/6/08
Ref: http://tinyurl.com/yvrmhl
Msg ID:
Old August 17th 08, 05:33 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking

On Aug 16, 11:42 pm, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> wrote:
> I'm amazed. People with that kind of money can burn down an orphanage and
> avoid prison. Does San Bernardino actually have an honest judge?
>
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26237426/
>
> Lottery winner goes to prison for deadly crash
> Man won $10 million in 2001, gets 17 years for drivingdrunk; 3 killed
> updated 11:29 a.m. MT, Sat., Aug. 16, 2008
>
> SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. - A man who won $10 million in a California lottery
> game was sentenced to more than 17 years in prison for a drunken-driving
> crash that killed three people.

Retarded crap flushed.

What amazes me is that your dumb ass can't read. The article states
that the guy was sentenced to "more than 17 years in prison" and yet
you're asking how he avoided prison.

How did you make it through 12 years of school without attending a
single day?

Old August 17th 08, 07:22 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
richard

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 09:33:54 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

>On Aug 16, 11:42 pm, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> wrote:
>> I'm amazed. People with that kind of money can burn down an orphanage and
>> avoid prison. Does San Bernardino actually have an honest judge?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26237426/

>> Lottery winner goes to prison for deadly crash
>> Man won $10 million in 2001, gets 17 years for drivingdrunk; 3 killed
>> updated 11:29 a.m. MT, Sat., Aug. 16, 2008
>>
>> SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. - A man who won $10 million in a California lottery
>> game was sentenced to more than 17 years in prison for a drunken-driving
>> crash that killed three people.

>Retarded crap flushed.
>
>What amazes me is that your dumb ass can't read. The article states
>that the guy was sentenced to "more than 17 years in prison" and yet
>you're asking how he avoided prison.
>
>How did you make it through 12 years of school without attending a
>single day?

And yet, YOU, are under the mistaken impression that Ted Kennedy
killed someone. Fact is, he did not. There is no evidence that she was
his mistress nor was pregnant. He was not driving the car because his
license had been suspended. The only charge that could possibly be
issued is that of "leaving the scene".
Old August 18th 08, 12:49 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,misc.transport.trucking
necromancer[_5_]

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 11:22:13 -0700, richard >
wrote:

>And yet, YOU, are under the mistaken impression that Ted Kennedy
>killed someone. Fact is, he did not. There is no evidence that she was
>his mistress nor was pregnant. He was not driving the car because his
>license had been suspended. The only charge that could possibly be
>issued is that of "leaving the scene".

Wrong.

Ref:http://www.ytedk.com/chapter2.htm

Kennedy's statement to the police the morning after he sank Mary Jo
into Chappaquiddick Sound:

"On July 18, 1969, at approximately 11:15 PM in Chappaquiddick,
Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts, I was driving my car on Main Street
on my way to get the ferry back to Edgartown. I was unfamiliar with
the road and turned right onto Dike Road, instead of bearing hard left
on Main Street. After proceeding for approximately one-half mile on
Dike Road I descended a hill and came upon a narrow bridge. The car
went off the side of the bridge. There was one passenger with me, one
Miss Mary ________( There was a blank space here because Kennedy was
not sure of the spelling of the dead girl's last name, and instead
offered a rough phonetic approximation ), a former secretary of my
brother Sen. Robert Kennedy. The car turned over and sank into the
water and landed with the roof resting on the bottom. I attempted to
open the door and the window of the car but have no recollection of
how I got out of the car. I came to the surface and then repeatedly
dove down to the car in an attempt to see if the passenger was still
in the car. I was unsuccessful in the attempt. I was exhausted and in
a state of shock. I recall walking back to where my friends were
eating. There was a car parked in front of the cottage and I climbed
into the back seat. I then asked for someone to bring me back to
Edgartown. I remember walking around for a period of time and then
going back to my hotel room. When I fully realized what had happened
this morning, I immediately contacted the police."

--
necromancer

Official Overseer Of KoOkS And Trolls In rec.autos.driving
Old August 18th 08, 12:51 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_5_]

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 09:33:54 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

<< reply limited to r.a.d >>

>On Aug 16, 11:42 pm, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> wrote:
>> I'm amazed. People with that kind of money can burn down an orphanage and
>> avoid prison. Does San Bernardino actually have an honest judge?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26237426/

>> Lottery winner goes to prison for deadly crash
>> Man won $10 million in 2001, gets 17 years for drivingdrunk; 3 killed
>> updated 11:29 a.m. MT, Sat., Aug. 16, 2008
>>
>> SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. - A man who won $10 million in a California lottery
>> game was sentenced to more than 17 years in prison for a drunken-driving
>> crash that killed three people.

>Retarded crap flushed.
>
>What amazes me is that your dumb ass can't read. The article states
>that the guy was sentenced to "more than 17 years in prison" and yet
>you're asking how he avoided prison.
>
>How did you make it through 12 years of school without attending a
>single day?

No telling. SADDAM has been an idiot since the accident 9 months
before it was born.

Haven't heard from you in a while, Hector. What have you been up to?

"Oh yeah. Well i've gone 3 1/2 years without a fatal crash
so i must be doing something right."

--Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend/laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE/
Speeders And Drunk Drivers Are Murderers (SADDAM), 9/24/2006

Ref: http://tinyurl.com/qdotr
Msg ID:
Old August 18th 08, 02:34 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_5_]

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 00:24:14 -0400, Nate Nagel >
wrote:

<< reply limited to r.a.d >>

>Of course, I just don't understand rich people. I was actually having
>this discussion over dinner tonight. Let's say you release a hit
>record, win the lottery, whatever. All of a sudden you have a couple
>mil in your lap. Why not just sock away 3 or 4 mil, invest it in
>something with a steady rate of return, and live modestly off the
>interest while you figure out what you want to do with the rest of your
>life? Then if you still have money left over, you can think about the
>fast cars, mansions on the beach, etc. Nah, that would make too much sense.

Indeed. Even US$1 million invested in a bank CD (currently the going
rate at banks in my area is about 4% to 5% for small accounts)* would
leave me living a comfortable lifestyle withoug having to work. And
I'm sure a smart financial planner could do better.

* Of course, the interest from the CD would have to be paid out
instead of being reinvested in the CD...