A lap around "The Ring"

Old March 16th 05, 09:04 PM
Ruud Dingemans

Steve Smith wrote:

> That ain't the only thing that's legal in the Lowlands, Gott sei dank. Go Dutch!

That should be "Godzijdank" Steve - "Gott sei Dank" is more Teutonic in
nature

Oh and btw, we'd gladly take any old MOPARs you 'Merkins would want to
get rid of, we like stuffing things into those dunes at the end of the
straight

Regards, Rudy
(GPLRank -24)

Old March 17th 05, 02:20 PM
Steve Smith

A la Cadillac Ranch?

http://www.newgute.com/WildBoysRoadT...ch%202-web.jpg

Jeez, "Godzijdank" sounds more like a painful skin condition.

Old March 19th 05, 03:09 PM
Ronald Stoehr

Steve Smith wrote:
> A la Cadillac Ranch?
>
> http://www.newgute.com/WildBoysRoadT...ch%202-web.jpg
>
> Jeez, "Godzijdank" sounds more like a painful skin condition.

Sigh, ever wondered how English sounds to someone not speaking it...?

l8er
ronny

Old March 19th 05, 03:15 PM
JS

Believe it or not, the general speedlmits (i.e. 100 km/h) are on for Tourist
runs. There is a reminder like: "the STVO (Strassenverkehrsordnung) applies. I
have even seen a speedtrap on the nordschleife already. Not sure whether that
was for penelizing the offenders or studying the speed driven on the track.

JS

<snip>>

Old March 19th 05, 07:32 PM
Steve Smith

Gutteral, with a lotta dipthongs, I would imagine. It's a ******* language
on account of so many influences on the Scented...er, Sceptered Isle from
the Roman occupation thru 1066 and all that.

Old March 21st 05, 04:58 PM

JS wrote:
>Believe it or not, the general speedlmits (i.e. 100 km/h) are on for

Tourist
>runs.

I believe it not. The Nordschleife is a divided highway
(Kraftfahrstrasse), where by law (StVO) no speed limit applies. That's
why there's a 130 km/h speed limit sign on the D=F6ttinger H=F6he during
Touristenfahrten.

-Laurens de Jong.

Old March 22nd 05, 02:03 PM
JS

Haven't seen that on my last lap, but this is already 12 years ago. Might be
that they changed something.
I'm quite sure though that the beginning of a highway should be accompanied by
this white-blue 'highway begin' sign. I never saw that at the ring ...

However, nobody gives a sh*t on speed limits over there and I'm quite sure that
the speedtrap I saw was not meant to raise funds :-) but merely for research
purposes

JS

Old March 22nd 05, 03:10 PM
Robin Lord

If it was 12 years ago, then you'd have started your lap at T13/the old
pits. These days you start halfway down the main straight which is coned off
in the middle (so you have to come off and go through the barriers if you
want to continue & do another lap)
Because of this they have speed limits before you reach the cones. There is
also a speed limit halfway round at Breidscheid where the other
exit/entrance is.

--

Robin

Old March 23rd 05, 09:36 AM
JS

Thx for the info.

Things have really changed since then.

JS

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 15:10:28 GMT, "Robin Lord"

Old March 25th 05, 12:32 PM
John Wallace

Steve Smith wrote:
> Um, yes, except that...
>
> 1. The licensee can reserve the right to vet the final product (as Ferrari
> did with GPL), and/or
>
> 2. BMW already *has* a car in GTR: the decidedly unlovely Z3M hatchback...so
> it's not like they've already put their best foot forward, hmmmn?

By the Z3M do you mean the M Coupe? How can "M Coupe" and "unlovely"
share the same sentence!!?!? Granted it could be considered as an
acquired taste, but it's a beautiful car once "bitten", and exceptional
to drive.

The Z3 OTOH is a taste I've never acquired. It looks a smidge too light
on the loafers for its own good...

"Al Qaeda" does not exist Awake BMW 64 March 10th 05 11:25 AM
99 Cobra cracked ring cgun Ford Mustang 10 February 22nd 05 04:33 PM
Anyone heard the new NFL Ring tones? [email protected] Driving 4 January 11th 05 01:40 PM
cause of broken ring gear teeth RLGIRSCH 4x4 0 October 11th 04 09:05 PM