Idiot americans buy gas guzzling SUVs so they can get HEATED LEATHERSEATS --!!!!!!

Old May 20th 07, 07:45 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.politics,talk.politics.misc,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.usa
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Default Idiot americans buy gas guzzling SUVs so they can get HEATED LEATHERSEATS --!!!!!!

Is there anything as dumb and selfish as an american?

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg.../05/20/SUV.TMP

(snip)

A typical SUV buyer is Dr. Reginald Fulford, an El Cerrito orthodontist
who recently bought an old-fashioned Ford Expedition. It weighs a bit
more than 6,200 pounds, is nearly 3 feet longer than a sedan and, on a
good day, gets about 14 miles per gallon.

Fulford says he loves the car because of "all the functional aspects" of
it, and his wife loves it "because of all the nice amenities," such as
heated leather seats.
Old May 20th 07, 08:09 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.politics,talk.politics.misc,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.usa
Nate Nagel[_2_]

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> Is there anything as dumb and selfish as an american?
>
> http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg.../05/20/SUV.TMP
>
> (snip)
>
> A typical SUV buyer is Dr. Reginald Fulford, an El Cerrito orthodontist
> who recently bought an old-fashioned Ford Expedition. It weighs a bit
> more than 6,200 pounds, is nearly 3 feet longer than a sedan and, on a
> good day, gets about 14 miles per gallon.
>
> Fulford says he loves the car because of "all the functional aspects" of
> it, and his wife loves it "because of all the nice amenities," such as
> heated leather seats.

Hey, I loved the heated leather seats in my old GTI. Just the thing on
a cold winter morning.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old May 20th 07, 08:16 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.politics,talk.politics.misc,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.usa
jcr

Nate Nagel wrote:
> Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>> Is there anything as dumb and selfish as an american?
>>
>> http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg.../05/20/SUV.TMP
>>
>> (snip)
>>
>> A typical SUV buyer is Dr. Reginald Fulford, an El Cerrito
>> orthodontist who recently bought an old-fashioned Ford Expedition. It
>> weighs a bit more than 6,200 pounds, is nearly 3 feet longer than a
>> sedan and, on a good day, gets about 14 miles per gallon.
>>
>> Fulford says he loves the car because of "all the functional aspects"
>> of it, and his wife loves it "because of all the nice amenities," such
>> as heated leather seats.

> Hey, I loved the heated leather seats in my old GTI. Just the thing on
> a cold winter morning.
>
> nate

Makes one wonder why Judy thinks heated seats are only availble on
SUV's. Many cars have them too.
Old May 20th 07, 09:21 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.politics,talk.politics.misc,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.usa
Murderous Speeding Drunken Driver

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>Is there anything as dumb and selfish as an american?

Obviously the topic is "Is there anything as dumb and selfish as an
american?", since that is the question you posed. Allow me to address
the issue for you...

Since heated leather seats are an option on all types of vehicles, not
only SUVs, it's obvious that you're dumber than most dumb americans.
Which puts you at the bottom of the gene pool.

It must suck to be so pathetic.

Did that address the issue sufficiently?

--

We're all here
because we're not all there.
Old May 20th 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.politics,talk.politics.misc,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.usa
It's Just Me

Another cool feature (American made models only) is the heated tailgate.
That's so your hands stay warm as you push it home...ROTFLMAO
"Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote in
message ink.net...

Old May 20th 07, 10:39 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.politics,talk.politics.misc,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.usa
Luminoso

On Sun, 20 May 2007 18:45:48 GMT, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are
MURDERERS > wrote:

>Is there anything as dumb and selfish as an american?
>
>http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg.../05/20/SUV.TMP
>
>(snip)
>
>A typical SUV buyer is Dr. Reginald Fulford, an El Cerrito orthodontist
>who recently bought an old-fashioned Ford Expedition. It weighs a bit
>more than 6,200 pounds, is nearly 3 feet longer than a sedan and, on a
>good day, gets about 14 miles per gallon.
>
>Fulford says he loves the car because of "all the functional aspects" of
>it, and his wife loves it "because of all the nice amenities," such as
>heated leather seats.

Thank the doc for doing HIS bit to keep us dependent on
foreign oil and all the things we've had to DO over the
decades in those foreign nations BECAUSE we're so
dependent on the stuff. In short, I blame him for Iraq,
Afghanistan, al-Qaida and a nuclear-armed Iran.

Old May 20th 07, 11:04 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer

Scott en Aztlán:
> Since it never gets cold here in SoCal, by far the most useless things
> on my Corvette are the heated seats.

I think I've been living in the tropics too long. I can't for the life
of me think of the use for heated seats untill someone from up north
mentioned cold mornings.

However, I still can't figure it. Both my wrecks have cloth seats and
they are adequately comfortable on those 60 degree mornings. Ususally
the clothing I am wearing on those AM's is sufficient to keep me warm.

necromancer

Official Overseer Of Kooks And Trolls In rec.autos.driving
Old May 20th 07, 11:26 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Nate Nagel[_2_]

necromancer wrote:
> Scott en Aztlán:
>
>>Since it never gets cold here in SoCal, by far the most useless things
>>on my Corvette are the heated seats.

> I think I've been living in the tropics too long. I can't for the life
> of me think of the use for heated seats untill someone from up north
> mentioned cold mornings.
>
> However, I still can't figure it. Both my wrecks have cloth seats and
> they are adequately comfortable on those 60 degree mornings. Ususally
> the clothing I am wearing on those AM's is sufficient to keep me warm.

BAHAHAHAHA! yes, you have officially turned into a big woosy boy.
Cloth at 60 degrees is a non-event. Leather (or worse yet, vinyl) at 5
degrees does kinda need a heater. (I prefer leather or vinyl because I
am a slob and destroy cloth.)

Yes, I have driven in 5 degree weather. No, not all of my cars had
heated seats. Yes, I did prefer the one with heated seats.

nate

Old May 20th 07, 11:33 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer

Nate Nagel:
> BAHAHAHAHA! yes, you have officially turned into a big woosy boy.
> Cloth at 60 degrees is a non-event. Leather (or worse yet, vinyl) at 5
> degrees does kinda need a heater. (I prefer leather or vinyl because I
> am a slob and destroy cloth.)

Ugh, I remember vinyl seats from when I was younger. Nothing like being
stung by a vinyl car seat that has been sitting in the August sun for a
couple of hours.....

--
necromancer

Deadly Psychopath. And Proud of it, Man!!
Old May 20th 07, 11:33 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Larry Bud

On May 20, 6:04 pm, necromancer
> wrote:
> Scott en Aztlán:
>
> > Since it never gets cold here in SoCal, by far the most useless things
> > on my Corvette are the heated seats.

> I think I've been living in the tropics too long. I can't for the life
> of me think of the use for heated seats untill someone from up north
> mentioned cold mornings.
>
> However, I still can't figure it. Both my wrecks have cloth seats and
> they are adequately comfortable on those 60 degree mornings. Ususally
> the clothing I am wearing on those AM's is sufficient to keep me warm.

Yeah, I would think so, at 60 degrees!!! LOL!

How about when it's 10 degrees?