Wrong-way driver killed in crash with Greyhound bus

Old April 1st 07, 12:35 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Alexander Rogge

Default Wrong-way driver killed in crash with Greyhound bus

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/31/gre....ap/index.html

"MONTGOMERY, Alabama (AP) -- A car going the wrong way on a divided
highway collided head-on with a Greyhound bus early Saturday, killing
the driver of the car and injuring 20 other people, police said.
Panicked passengers crawled out the bus's windows."

Speed may have been a factor in this crash. There are some
drink-drivers and fatigued drivers who find themselves going the wrong
way accidentally, but they normally don't try to hit a bus deliberately.
This Sloth may be this week's Darwin Award winner.
Old April 1st 07, 05:02 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Jim Yanik

Alexander Rogge > wrote in
:

> http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/31/gre....ap/index.html
>
> "MONTGOMERY, Alabama (AP) -- A car going the wrong way on a divided
> highway collided head-on with a Greyhound bus early Saturday, killing
> the driver of the car and injuring 20 other people, police said.
> Panicked passengers crawled out the bus's windows."
>

> Speed may have been a factor in this crash.

Ridiculous,it was DELIBERATE. Or were you being sarcastic?

> There are some
> drink-drivers and fatigued drivers who find themselves going the wrong
> way accidentally, but they normally don't try to hit a bus deliberately.
> This Sloth may be this week's Darwin Award winner.

It sounds like a suicide to me. The report I read said the bus driver
swerved a few times to avoid and the guy just retracked on him.

What is it about suiciders that they try to take others with them?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old April 1st 07, 08:56 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
The Man Behind The Curtain

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> Jim Yanik > said in rec.autos.driving:
>
>> It sounds like a suicide to me. The report I read said the bus driver
>> swerved a few times to avoid and the guy just retracked on him.
>>
>> What is it about suiciders that they try to take others with them?

> That's a standard Drama Queen Exit. Hold up traffic on two major
> freeways by threatening to jump from one down onto the other, then
> after you have royally ****ed up the rush hour for millions of people
> and, once you know that all the TV cameras are trained directly on
> you, you blow your own head off with a shotgun.
>
> These selfish MFFY pricks don't care who they impact with their
> actions - in life or in death.

I would not be a good police negotiator in such a situation. I would
grab the bullhorn and say to the guy "Hurry it up!" :-)

John

Old April 1st 07, 11:32 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Jim Yanik

The Man Behind The Curtain > wrote in
link.net:

> Scott en Aztlán wrote:
>> Jim Yanik > said in rec.autos.driving:
>>
>>> It sounds like a suicide to me. The report I read said the bus driver
>>> swerved a few times to avoid and the guy just retracked on him.
>>>
>>> What is it about suiciders that they try to take others with them?

>> That's a standard Drama Queen Exit. Hold up traffic on two major
>> freeways by threatening to jump from one down onto the other, then
>> after you have royally ****ed up the rush hour for millions of people
>> and, once you know that all the TV cameras are trained directly on
>> you, you blow your own head off with a shotgun.
>>
>> These selfish MFFY pricks don't care who they impact with their
>> actions - in life or in death.

> I would not be a good police negotiator in such a situation. I would
> grab the bullhorn and say to the guy "Hurry it up!" :-)
>

> John

I'd fire a couple of rounds into the bridge close to the jumper and see how
he reacts to it! He'd probably hop down and get under cover.(saving him)
Then I'd have a guy with a TASER zap him,and take him into custory.
Or try out those beanbag shotgun rounds..."non-lethal"!

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old April 4th 07, 08:33 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Matthew T. Russotto

In article >,
Jim Yanik > wrote:

>I'd fire a couple of rounds into the bridge close to the jumper and see how
>he reacts to it! He'd probably hop down and get under cover.(saving him)
>Then I'd have a guy with a TASER zap him,and take him into custory.
>Or try out those beanbag shotgun rounds..."non-lethal"!

I'd be tempted to use the beanbag round all right. But probably
firing from a different direction than you're thinking. "Cleanup on IL-2!"
result in a fully-depreciated one.