FS: Kenne Bell Blowziila/Flowzilla Supercharger

Old June 22nd 08, 08:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Default FS: Kenne Bell Blowziila/Flowzilla Supercharger

Well I crawled under the hood of my old '89 LX this weekend and removed
the supercharger. I figure I might as well start moving toward the N/A
stroker engine and the first speed part to go is the Kenne Bell twin
screw supercharger. I am selling the larger version (aka the Blowzilla)
which is a 2.2L size and the inlet and outlet manifolds are the higher
flow variants (aka the Flowzilla) that are good for an additional 30-40
rwhp, depending on boost level, over the standard manifolds. The
trade-off is it requires a Cobra or GT-40 lower intake.

This combination can make anywhere from 6 psi to 20 psi on a 302 cubic
inch engine. I have run it up to 16 psi on my car but personally I feel
the sweet spot is 12 psi. I have the bolts, snout bracket, etc. to
install this on an '87-'93 5.0L Mustang. I'll also throw in numerous
pulleys, a custom wrench to swap the pulleys and a ball head allen
socket that is indispensable for making installation a snap and the
installation manual. The supercharger is in excellent working condition
and good cosmetic condition. It has a couple small scratches but they
are on parts of the blower that can't be seen much when installed.
These type of blowers are VERY dependable. It also does not require an
external lubrication line to the engine like most centrifugal blowers.

Installation of this supercharger is about as simple as it can get. I
have it down to the point I can install it in about one hour. I got it
off the car in 30 minutes. I have set up the outlet manifold to install
a water or water/alcohol injection kit if you want to get aggressive
with tuning. Anyone that can remove the upper intake from the engine
can install this supercharger.

The price is $2,400 plus shipping. This is sold new from Kenne Bell for
$3,700 and they don't include the pulley wrench, ball head allen socket
and only one pulley. The extras would cost about $200-$300 if bought
new. I prefer to have it picked up to avoid the hassle of boxing it up.
I would expect shipping costs to be around $100. Please note that for
some reason shipping to Arizona and the surrounding areas is more
expensive than shipping to Alaska so shipping may be somewhat higher if
you live there.

I have made around 425 rear wheel horsepower and 460 ft-lbs of torque
(at 2,500 rpm!) at the wheels. The boost delivery is silky smooth as is
the power it makes. The best way to describe a car with a twin screw
blower is they feel like you have a high revving, strong running big
block engine under the hood. They are great superchargers for street
driven cars as they make gobs of horsepower and torque at all RPM
levels. It delivers boost instantly. There is ZERO boost lag but you
can also modulate the boost level very easily with the throttle. The
unit is also very quite. Unless you knew what to listen for you
wouldn't think anything was under the hood.

Anyone with serious interest send me an email at m i k e j 9116 @
netscape dot net (remove the spaces and replace "dot" with a ".") I can
answer any technical questions about it here. The following is a link
to what it looked like on my car:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...g/engine3a.jpg
Here is what is for sale:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...zillaParts.jpg
Old June 24th 08, 05:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Dudly

Default Kenne Bell Blowziila/Flowzilla Supercharger

Nice, I have an older KB with stock lower manifold, wish I had that air
bypass that you have on yours.
I bought my early (before Blow/flowzilla) at a garage that salvaged cars
from Houston racetrack, simple to put one, got some small missing parts form
KB, and it has work extremely well for over 10 years now, no problem at all,
8# boost. That is a good price too.

Old June 24th 08, 07:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Kenne Bell is good about standing behind their products. Your's is a
testament as to their durability. The bypass is a really nice feature
and keeps the blower cool in non-boost conditions. As you know, they
are torque monsters. As I said, I can remove it in 30 minutes and
install it in under an hour. I don't know of another supercharger that
installs as easily as a Kenne Bell does on a 5.0L engine.

Old July 22nd 08, 04:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Default SOLD: Kenne Bell Blowziila/Flowzilla Supercharger

It is sold. Put it on Craigs List and someone took it in less than a week.