"SUDDEN ACCELERATION" 'aint going away........

Old January 10th 07, 01:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
My Name Is Nobody

Default "SUDDEN ACCELERATION" 'aint going away........

"WindsorFox" > wrote in message
> GatorMan wrote:
>> Okay, lets see how this works:
>>
>> Key ON - - - Key OFF - - -
>> Power Steering ON NO Power Steering
>> Power Brakes ON NO Power Brakes
>> Engine ON NO Engine Power
>> NO CONTROL STEERING WHEEL IS LOCKED
>>
>> So, which was the right decision. No-Brainer
>> So, turn your key off Mr. Fox
>>

> With this single post, you have proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that
> you are an automotive imbecile.
>

> If the key is on and you stop the engine with a kill switch, you will
> STILL disable the power brakes, and the power steering. You can NOT
> however turn the key far enough to lock the wheel while the car is in "D."
> Incidentally, when the engine shuts off, unless I am mistaken, under the
> condition of "no engine power" that pretty much should negate the NEED FOR
> BRAKING AND STEERING!!!
>
> The correct decision was to TURN OFF THE KEY period. Then it would have
> been a non-incident. I tried to give you some benefit of the doubt, but
> apparently your are just a total boob and too dumb to realize it.
>

> --
> “I intended that "not stupid" be a requirement.” – Seth Breidbart

LOL

GATORMAN,
Give it a brake, you did something REALLY stupid. Even if the throttle did
indeed stick (HIGHLY UNLIKELY) you missed way too many opportunities to
defuse the situation with no drama or property damage.
1. Your Mustangs engine and WILL NOT over come your brakes!
2. Simply sticking the shifter back into park would have eliminated any
further issue.
3. Simply turning the ignition key off would have eliminated any further
issue.

All three are magnitudes simpler than fumbling around on your shifter
looking for a kill switch, which as has already been pointed out will also
kill your power brakes and power steering too just like the ignition key...

Old January 10th 07, 07:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Les Benn

When did any Mustang come without Neutral? Either way stick or automatic you
just take the car out of gear. I must have missed the year when Ford
optioned a Mustang with all gear shifter selections being reverse or
forward. I have decided never to buy a car that has to stay moving as long
as you own it.

I guess scenario two is perhaps they purchased a car where they could not
reach the brake pedal, I know there are some infants with short legs that
can't manage to press a brake pedal.

Fortunately for me when my cruise control stuck on hard acceleration on my
77 Corvette, I had a transmission with neutral and it also had an off
position for the key. I suppose if I hadn't been so lucky to have made a
wise purchase decision, I may have eventually run into the ocean in a few
hundred miles and probably been killed in the process. Also I am tall enough
to reach the brake pedal. I guess I live a charmed life.

Old January 11th 07, 12:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox

My Name Is Nobody wrote:
> "WindsorFox" > wrote in message
>> GatorMan wrote:
>>> Okay, lets see how this works:
>>>
>>> Key ON - - - Key OFF - - -
>>> Power Steering ON NO Power Steering
>>> Power Brakes ON NO Power Brakes
>>> Engine ON NO Engine Power
>>> NO CONTROL STEERING WHEEL IS LOCKED
>>>
>>> So, which was the right decision. No-Brainer
>>> So, turn your key off Mr. Fox
>>>

>> With this single post, you have proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that
>> you are an automotive imbecile.
>>

>> If the key is on and you stop the engine with a kill switch, you will
>> STILL disable the power brakes, and the power steering. You can NOT
>> however turn the key far enough to lock the wheel while the car is in "D."
>> Incidentally, when the engine shuts off, unless I am mistaken, under the
>> condition of "no engine power" that pretty much should negate the NEED FOR
>> BRAKING AND STEERING!!!
>>
>> The correct decision was to TURN OFF THE KEY period. Then it would have
>> been a non-incident. I tried to give you some benefit of the doubt, but
>> apparently your are just a total boob and too dumb to realize it.
>>

>> --
>> “I intended that "not stupid" be a requirement.” – Seth Breidbart

> LOL
>
> GATORMAN,
> Give it a brake, you did something REALLY stupid. Even if the throttle did
> indeed stick (HIGHLY UNLIKELY) you missed way too many opportunities to
> defuse the situation with no drama or property damage.
> 1. Your Mustangs engine and WILL NOT over come your brakes!
> 2. Simply sticking the shifter back into park would have eliminated any
> further issue.
> 3. Simply turning the ignition key off would have eliminated any further
> issue.
>
> All three are magnitudes simpler than fumbling around on your shifter
> looking for a kill switch, which as has already been pointed out will also
> kill your power brakes and power steering too just like the ignition key...

In the form of Steve who recently graced our presence
and that of the long lost Michael Dyke, I offer you this:

Gatormaaaaaan, plese listen....
You don't knooooow, what yer missin'.....
Gatormaaaaaan, the caaa-aar is in YOUR command! (LA,la,la,la...)

Old February 18th 07, 04:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Ironrod

While we all agree that a stock Mustang cannot over come its own brakes
nobody has considered the possibly that there might be outside influences
involved. For instance, a poorly aligned tractor beam from an orbiting
starship could have caused the accident. Mind control by a superior alien
race could have altered the memory of the driver. A sudden earth shift
along the vehicles direction of travel could have caused the house to run
into the car without the car ever moving. Come on people, we need to start
thinking outside of the box here!

. ..