Bulbs

Old November 25th 12, 02:03 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
R C Nesbit

Default Bulbs

The eternal pain in the bum for Alfisti

Front nearside sidelight. £4 bloody 70 Pence!

Skinned knuckles getting the old one out, go to local shop,
get replacement, feels a bit iffy fitting in the holder,
but this is Sunday, the shop has closed, so I tested it
before replacing the holder - worked - more skinned
knuckles replacing holder - doesn't work!

More skinned knuckles extracting it again - the bloody
sodding effing bulb fell out into the dark and dismal
recesses of the light unit!

--
Rob Pearson
156 1.9jtd sportwagon (now)

Old November 29th 12, 12:23 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
TonyB

"R C Nesbit" wrote in message ...

The eternal pain in the bum for Alfisti

Front nearside sidelight. £4 bloody 70 Pence!

Skinned knuckles getting the old one out, go to local shop,
get replacement, feels a bit iffy fitting in the holder,
but this is Sunday, the shop has closed, so I tested it
before replacing the holder - worked - more skinned
knuckles replacing holder - doesn't work!

More skinned knuckles extracting it again - the bloody
sodding effing bulb fell out into the dark and dismal
recesses of the light unit!

I bought some LED's which didn't fit in the hole. Dropped one
into the engine tray and couldn't find it so never got the money back.
:-(

TonyB

Old December 2nd 12, 09:00 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_14_]

"R C Nesbit" wrote in message ...

The eternal pain in the bum for Alfisti

Front nearside sidelight. £4 bloody 70 Pence!

Skinned knuckles getting the old one out, go to local shop,
get replacement, feels a bit iffy fitting in the holder,
but this is Sunday, the shop has closed, so I tested it
before replacing the holder - worked - more skinned
knuckles replacing holder - doesn't work!

More skinned knuckles extracting it again - the bloody
sodding effing bulb fell out into the dark and dismal
recesses of the light unit!

== reply ==
Headlight clusters on the 159 are a joy - I was amazed. Headlight bulb went
and I changed it in literally 2 minutes - 1 handed, other one holding my
phone as a light - all I needed.

Couldn't believe it as the 156 was tough going!!

Old December 3rd 12, 04:21 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
TonyB

"GT" wrote in message
eb.com...

"R C Nesbit" wrote in message ...

The eternal pain in the bum for Alfisti

Front nearside sidelight. £4 bloody 70 Pence!

Skinned knuckles getting the old one out, go to local shop,
get replacement, feels a bit iffy fitting in the holder,
but this is Sunday, the shop has closed, so I tested it
before replacing the holder - worked - more skinned
knuckles replacing holder - doesn't work!

More skinned knuckles extracting it again - the bloody
sodding effing bulb fell out into the dark and dismal
recesses of the light unit!

== reply ==
Headlight clusters on the 159 are a joy - I was amazed. Headlight bulb went
and I changed it in literally 2 minutes - 1 handed, other one holding my
phone as a light - all I needed.

Couldn't believe it as the 156 was tough going!!

The facelifted 156 is easy enough, the only problem is that the headlamp
bulbs don't have a recess for the metal tang to fit into so they can
be fitted at any angle. Spoils the beam pattern if you get it wrong.

TonyB

Bulbs Cliff[_1_] Chrysler 6 October 30th 06 06:24 AM
AD: Vests, LED bulbs, xenon-like bulbs at great prices! Hi-Vis.com.pl General 0 August 28th 05 12:59 AM
AD: Vests, LED bulbs, xenon-like bulbs at great prices! Hi-Vis.com.pl Technology 0 August 28th 05 12:59 AM
Xenon bulbs GT Alfa Romeo 17 July 12th 05 10:33 AM
Has anyone tried the new non-GE Bulbs? Richard Chrysler 8 January 11th 05 03:02 PM