Nordschleife added to Project Cars

Old July 9th 12, 06:10 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
FolkGT

Default Nordschleife added to Project Cars

Although it's still very much a work in progress, Nordschleife was added
to last Friday's build. pCARS now has the following tracks either
currently in-game or on the drawing board:

Bristol Motor Speedway
Brno
Bugatti Circuit
Charlotte Motor Speedway
Circuit de Catalunya
Circuit de la Sarthe (Le Mans)
Donington Park
Dover International Speedway
Hockenheimring
Imola
Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Laguna Seca
Monaco
Monza
Mount Panorama
Mugello
Nordschleife
Oschersleben
Richmond Motor Speedway
Road America
Rouen Les Essarts
Ruapuna Park
Silverstone
Spa Francorchamps
Suzuka
Watkins Glen
Willow Springs
Zhuhai International Circuit
Zolder
Azure Coast (fictional point to point, based on French Riviera)
California Highway (fictional point to point, based on Pacific Coast
Highway)

And the following cars, either currently in-game or on the drawing board:

Ariel Atom Mugen
Ariel Atom 500 V8
Ariel Atom 300 Supercharged
Asano LM11 (Audi LMP/TDX)
Asano X4 (Audi DMT)
BAC Mono
Caper Monterey (Chevy Capri Stockcar)
Caterham Superlight R500
Caterham SP/300.R
Caterham Classic
Ford Mustang 2+2 Fastback
Ford Mk IV
Ford Escort RS1600
Ford Capri Zakspeed (Group 5)
Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth (Group A)
Ford Mustang Cobra SCCA Trans-Am
Ford Fusion NASCAR Stock Car
Ford Focus ST street version
Ford Focus ST BTCC
Ford Falcon FG AU V8 Supercar CotF
Ford Shelby GT500
Formula A
Formula B
Formula Rookie
Formula Gulf 1000
GUMPERT Apollo
Lotus 49 Cosworth
Lotus 98T Renault Turbo
Lotus 78 Coworth
Lotus 25 Formula One
Lotus 40 Open-Top Sports Car
Lotus 38 Indy 500 winner
Lotus 49 Formula One car
Lotus 51 Formula Ford car
Lotus 56 Indy Car
Lotus 72 Formula One car
Mitsubishi Evo X FQ 400
Mitsubishi Evo VI Tommi Makinen
Mitsubishi Evo IX FQ 360
Pagani Huayra
Pagani Zonda R
Palmer Jaguar JP-LM
Racer V8-RS (Radical)
Racer L4-RS (Radical)
Shifter Kart 125 cc
Shifter Kart 250 cc Superkart

More cars to be announced as licensing becomes available.
Old July 10th 12, 05:28 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
FolkGT

On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 12:46 +0100 (BST),
(Andrew MacPherson) wrote:

(FolkGT) wrote:

>> Although it's still very much a work in progress

>I liked Shift2's Nordschleife, even with all the stupid sideshow stuff added, so I
>have hope for this.
>
>However I tried this week's build for the first time in several months and although
>things have tightened up considerably, I am still nowhere near convinced by the
>driving model. I want to be, and I look forward to seeing what eventually happens
>with the physics & tyre overhaul, but given that they were already proud of their
>physics etc. I'm not sure I'm ever going to feel at home in this code.
>
>I remain hopeful though. Although I have to run at significantly reduced settings
>and resolution with three screens, this has the potential to be a very immersive
>distraction from serious simming.
>
>I've already paid full price for it, so it'd better be! Otherwise it'll end up in
>my hall of simming shame alongside Cliffs of Dover and most of my iRacing content.
>:-)
>
>Andrew McP

According to the devs, the final physics are still several months out, and
as you mention we've yet to see the new tire model. I've been very
pleased though with how the FFB has matured over the last several months.
Although everything is still very much a WIP, I feel things are moving in
the right direction. My hope is that this will have all the aspects of a
"serious" sim, but still have the ability to appeal to those who simply
want to enjoy a realistic driving experience.

Nordschleife 2007 & PCC2007 mod added to rF Rank MikeWhy Simulators 1 September 7th 07 06:17 PM
Project Cars Bill Berckman VW air cooled 5 June 8th 06 02:28 AM
Project Cars Bill Hall Antique cars 3 January 19th 06 09:48 PM
Project Cars Bill Hall Dodge 0 January 18th 06 09:36 PM
Project Cars Bill Hall Corvette 0 January 18th 06 09:32 PM