6th gen Civic MT oil change interval: conflicting data.

Old April 27th 10, 05:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Kaz Kylheku

Default 6th gen Civic MT oil change interval: conflicting data.

Hey everyone,

The Civic service manual recommends, in its maintenance schedule for the
1997 model, a 30,000 mile change interval for MT oil; the change
interval is exactly the same as for the AT and the CVT.

However, for the 1996 and the 1998 models, it does not
call for a MT oil change until 90,000 miles.

Huh?
Old April 27th 10, 12:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
ACAR

On Apr 27, 12:33*am, Kaz Kylheku > wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> The Civic service manual recommends, in its maintenance schedule for the
> 1997 model, a 30,000 mile change interval for MT oil; the change
> interval is exactly the same as for the AT and the CVT.
>
> However, for the 1996 and the 1998 models, it does not
> call for a MT oil change until 90,000 miles.
>
> Huh?

I put Red Line MTL in my 5-speed Legend, never changed it in 120,000
miles/15 years and the trans worked fine all that time.
Maybe Honda switched to a synthetic fluid and modified their service
interval. 90K miles seems reasonable for synthetic trans fluid.