JTS exhaust

Old September 8th 09, 07:46 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_11_]

Default JTS exhaust

Best online shop for exhausts please...

I need a new back box for my 156 2002 2.0JTS. Its not the same as the TSpark
exhaust system.

The flexi pipe was the blowing part, so they welded a similar sized piece in
and all is well, but there is only luck holding the rear silencer together
at the mo!

Local garage hunted round all over and finally ordered and tried to fit one,
but the bore on (going into the silencer) was completely wrong. Around half
the size of the bore on the car so they (re-assuringly) didn't fit it. If it
can last another month or so, then I can get it done during service. I will
try to get the part myself beforehand.

Cheers,
GT

Old September 8th 09, 07:51 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_11_]

"GT" > wrote in message
> Best online shop for exhausts please...
>
> I need a new back box for my 156 2002 2.0JTS. Its not the same as the
> TSpark exhaust system.
>
> The flexi pipe was the blowing part, so they welded a similar sized piece
> in and all is well, but there is only luck holding the rear silencer
> together at the mo!
>
> Local garage hunted round all over and finally ordered and tried to fit
> one, but the bore on (going into the silencer) was completely wrong.
> Around half the size of the bore on the car so they (re-assuringly) didn't
> fit it. If it can last another month or so, then I can get it done during
> service. I will try to get the part myself beforehand.
>
> Cheers,
> GT

Its a 'kind of' triangular cross-section and has a large outlet bore on the
rear.
The V6 one looks like the same shape and bore, but that can't be right?!?

http://www.alfaworkshop.co.uk/images...-158-1-800.jpg

Old September 8th 09, 08:51 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

GT wrote:
> Best online shop for exhausts please...
>
> I need a new back box for my 156 2002 2.0JTS. Its not the same as the TSpark
> exhaust system.
>
> The flexi pipe was the blowing part, so they welded a similar sized piece in
> and all is well, but there is only luck holding the rear silencer together
> at the mo!
>
> Local garage hunted round all over and finally ordered and tried to fit one,
> but the bore on (going into the silencer) was completely wrong. Around half
> the size of the bore on the car so they (re-assuringly) didn't fit it. If it
> can last another month or so, then I can get it done during service. I will
> try to get the part myself beforehand.

http://www.bodyshopwarehouse.co.uk/c...park-0600-1204

?

Thes guys are really good IME, but apparently not taking any orders ATM.
Would be worth calling them up and finding what the score is.

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 145 2.0 Cloverleaf 156 V6 2.5 S2
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old September 8th 09, 09:30 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_11_]

"Catman" > wrote in message
> GT wrote:
>> Best online shop for exhausts please...
>>
>> I need a new back box for my 156 2002 2.0JTS. Its not the same as the
>> TSpark exhaust system.
>>
>> The flexi pipe was the blowing part, so they welded a similar sized piece
>> in and all is well, but there is only luck holding the rear silencer
>> together at the mo!
>>
>> Local garage hunted round all over and finally ordered and tried to fit
>> one, but the bore on (going into the silencer) was completely wrong.
>> Around half the size of the bore on the car so they (re-assuringly)
>> didn't fit it. If it can last another month or so, then I can get it done
>> during service. I will try to get the part myself beforehand.

> http://www.bodyshopwarehouse.co.uk/c...park-0600-1204
>
> ?
>
> Thes guys are really good IME, but apparently not taking any orders ATM.
> Would be worth calling them up and finding what the score is.

I'll make a few calls tomorrow, but that is the TSpark system. I presume
that the JTS system is different or otherwise the local garage guys should
have found something that fits easily. So are bodyshopwarehouse good? I'll
phone tomorrow.

Old September 8th 09, 09:37 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_11_]

"GT" > wrote in message
> "GT" > wrote in message
>> Best online shop for exhausts please...
>>
>> I need a new back box for my 156 2002 2.0JTS. Its not the same as the
>> TSpark exhaust system.
>>
>> The flexi pipe was the blowing part, so they welded a similar sized piece
>> in and all is well, but there is only luck holding the rear silencer
>> together at the mo!
>>
>> Local garage hunted round all over and finally ordered and tried to fit
>> one, but the bore on (going into the silencer) was completely wrong.
>> Around half the size of the bore on the car so they (re-assuringly)
>> didn't fit it. If it can last another month or so, then I can get it done
>> during service. I will try to get the part myself beforehand.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> GT

> Its a 'kind of' triangular cross-section and has a large outlet bore on
> the rear.
> The V6 one looks like the same shape and bore, but that can't be right?!?
>
> http://www.alfaworkshop.co.uk/images...-158-1-800.jpg

Actually having said that, the TSpark one looks the same in the photo! Like
Catman says - I'll give them a call.

Old September 8th 09, 09:53 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_11_]

"GT" > wrote in message
> Best online shop for exhausts please...
>
> I need a new back box for my 156 2002 2.0JTS. Its not the same as the
> TSpark exhaust system.
>
> The flexi pipe was the blowing part, so they welded a similar sized piece
> in and all is well, but there is only luck holding the rear silencer
> together at the mo!
>
> Local garage hunted round all over and finally ordered and tried to fit
> one, but the bore on (going into the silencer) was completely wrong.
> Around half the size of the bore on the car so they (re-assuringly) didn't
> fit it. If it can last another month or so, then I can get it done during
> service. I will try to get the part myself beforehand.
>
> Cheers,
> GT

I read this forum page:
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...s-exhaust.html

and found these:

http://www.ebspares.co.uk/PNF.cfm?id...TOKEN=32193955

http://www.supersprintuk.com/supersp...meo-p-246.html

Any comments? I'm not looking for 'boy racer' noisy, I just want a
replacment exhaust that will give me a few years! Could I just fit the
TSpark 2.5V6 pipes?

Old September 8th 09, 09:55 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

GT wrote:
> "GT" > wrote in message
>> Best online shop for exhausts please...
>>
>> I need a new back box for my 156 2002 2.0JTS. Its not the same as the
>> TSpark exhaust system.
>>
>> The flexi pipe was the blowing part, so they welded a similar sized piece
>> in and all is well, but there is only luck holding the rear silencer
>> together at the mo!
>>
>> Local garage hunted round all over and finally ordered and tried to fit
>> one, but the bore on (going into the silencer) was completely wrong.
>> Around half the size of the bore on the car so they (re-assuringly) didn't
>> fit it. If it can last another month or so, then I can get it done during
>> service. I will try to get the part myself beforehand.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> GT

> I read this forum page:
> http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...s-exhaust.html
>
> and found these:
>
> http://www.ebspares.co.uk/PNF.cfm?id...TOKEN=32193955

EB Spares have always been good for me.

> http://www.supersprintuk.com/supersp...meo-p-246.html
>
> Any comments? I'm not looking for 'boy racer' noisy, I just want a
> replacment exhaust that will give me a few years! Could I just fit the
> TSpark 2.5V6 pipes?

Pass

Old September 8th 09, 09:55 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

GT wrote:
> "Catman" > wrote in message
>> GT wrote:
>>> Best online shop for exhausts please...
>>>
>>> I need a new back box for my 156 2002 2.0JTS. Its not the same as the
>>> TSpark exhaust system.
>>>
>>> The flexi pipe was the blowing part, so they welded a similar sized piece
>>> in and all is well, but there is only luck holding the rear silencer
>>> together at the mo!
>>>
>>> Local garage hunted round all over and finally ordered and tried to fit
>>> one, but the bore on (going into the silencer) was completely wrong.
>>> Around half the size of the bore on the car so they (re-assuringly)
>>> didn't fit it. If it can last another month or so, then I can get it done
>>> during service. I will try to get the part myself beforehand.

>> http://www.bodyshopwarehouse.co.uk/c...park-0600-1204
>>
>> ?
>>
>> Thes guys are really good IME, but apparently not taking any orders ATM.
>> Would be worth calling them up and finding what the score is.

> I'll make a few calls tomorrow, but that is the TSpark system. I presume
> that the JTS system is different or otherwise the local garage guys should
> have found something that fits easily. So are bodyshopwarehouse good? I'll
> phone tomorrow.

I have always found them to be excellent.

Old September 8th 09, 10:01 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_11_]

"Catman" > wrote in message
> GT wrote:
>> "GT" > wrote in message
>>> Best online shop for exhausts please...
>>>
>>> I need a new back box for my 156 2002 2.0JTS. Its not the same as the
>>> TSpark exhaust system.
>>>
>>> The flexi pipe was the blowing part, so they welded a similar sized
>>> piece in and all is well, but there is only luck holding the rear
>>> silencer together at the mo!
>>>
>>> Local garage hunted round all over and finally ordered and tried to fit
>>> one, but the bore on (going into the silencer) was completely wrong.
>>> Around half the size of the bore on the car so they (re-assuringly)
>>> didn't fit it. If it can last another month or so, then I can get it
>>> done during service. I will try to get the part myself beforehand.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> GT

>> I read this forum page:
>> http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...s-exhaust.html
>>
>> and found these:
>>
>> http://www.ebspares.co.uk/PNF.cfm?id...TOKEN=32193955
>>

> EB Spares have always been good for me.

Sorry mate, one more...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Alfa-Romeo-156...d=p3286.c0.m14

Does this just look silly? Ebay seems just wrong for car parts!

Old September 9th 09, 12:08 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

GT wrote:
> "Catman" > wrote in message
>> GT wrote:

>>> I read this forum page:
>>> http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...s-exhaust.html
>>>
>>> and found these:
>>>
>>> http://www.ebspares.co.uk/PNF.cfm?id...TOKEN=32193955
>>>

>> EB Spares have always been good for me.

> Sorry mate, one more...
>
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Alfa-Romeo-156...d=p3286.c0.m14
>
> Does this just look silly? Ebay seems just wrong for car parts!

Certainly more than I'd pay......

If you mean does it *look* silly when fitted, I'd probably say 'yes'

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 145 2.0 Cloverleaf 156 V6 2.5 S2
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

Dual-Mode Performance Exhaust v. Cat-Back Exhaust SKW Corvette 0 October 22nd 07 12:34 AM
How to fix this exhaust... Dean Technology 12 April 28th 07 12:17 AM
E30 Exhaust MarkS BMW 7 January 11th 06 02:49 PM
Exhaust help Alex Rodriguez Honda 11 July 19th 05 10:10 PM
best exhaust for 147 2.0 Ivan Alfa Romeo 0 July 4th 05 10:42 PM