Wheel Rims - Center Hole Important?

Old November 28th 15, 06:09 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Wheel Rims - Center Hole Important?

One example: Holden Commodore. All have 5x120 wheel studs. However,
the later models are heavier, so new wheels are stronger. Holden made
the centre bore smaller to stop people fitting older wheels, that
might not be rated for the load.
Old November 11th 16, 03:53 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

I'm putting used 6-hole universal rims and new tires on my livestock trailer to haul a horse and other heavy items to Oklahoma from Nebraska next week. The center holes on the rims are much larger than stock and it was a concern. I thank you all for your input here as I'm going to go ahead with installing them as such. I've been a farmer all my life and never questioned this function before, but I guess as we get older we get more concerned for things like this.
If you see a gray trailer and a white Dodge pickup stalled along the load somewhere in Kansas, then it didn't work. LOL

Wheel Rims - Center Hole Important? [email protected] Technology 1 November 25th 15 07:50 PM
m3 steering wheel center center cap D. BMW 2 July 21st 08 02:05 PM
FS: 4x 15" mustang 10 hole alloy rims with winter tires 85 Capri[_1_] Ford Mustang 2 October 31st 06 05:36 PM
About my wheel rims johnin BMW 7 May 28th 06 03:04 AM
hole in center tunnel joe bloe VW air cooled 0 November 19th 04 01:06 AM