rFactor AI Tin Tops Vs Open Wheelers

Old September 4th 05, 12:19 AM
Dave Henrie

Default rFactor AI Tin Tops Vs Open Wheelers

I have been reading lots of complaints about the AI in rF for the last
few days, But my first few days driving didn't seem to have the same
problems. I spent most of the first days using the fendered cars though.
Then I tried the F1ish cars and began to see what everyone was complaining
about.

Has anyone compared the AI behavior between the two varieties? Is one
better than the other?

dave henrie

Old September 4th 05, 12:27 AM
David G Fisher

It could be that most people stink badly in the F1 cars right now.

--
David G Fisher

. 97.136...

Old September 4th 05, 12:29 AM
David G Fisher

I wasn't implying that you do btw. :-)

--
David G Fisher

Old September 4th 05, 02:17 AM
DJRJR

"David G Fisher" > wrote in message
>I wasn't implying that you do btw. :-)
>

> --
> David G Fisher

Would you still recommend it? I'm still on the fence. Is it worth 39.00?

Old September 4th 05, 05:22 AM
Larry

It is not possible to complain about the AI in rFactor.

That's because there IS NO AI in rFactor.

I just spent the last hour offline getting ass-ended by every single AI car
on the track. ZERO aviodance manuevers on their part.

-Larry

Old September 4th 05, 05:53 AM
straiton

reminds me of Microsoft Cart Precision Racing a few years ago, about the AI
or lack of
--

Steve H

Old September 4th 05, 09:11 AM
whooo

DJRJR wrote:
> "David G Fisher" > wrote in message
>
>>I wasn't implying that you do btw. :-)
>>

>>--
>>David G Fisher

> Would you still recommend it? I'm still on the fence. Is it worth 39.00?

I'd say it's well worth it. I've only been using the open wheeled
trainer, and I'd say it is even more realistic than GPL. You have a tire
model and pitstops for starters.
Old September 4th 05, 09:14 AM
whooo

Larry wrote:
> It is not possible to complain about the AI in rFactor.
>
> That's because there IS NO AI in rFactor.
>
> I just spent the last hour offline getting ass-ended by every single AI car
> on the track. ZERO aviodance manuevers on their part.

No problems here. Probably because I'm running at near the same pace as
the AI, and not braking too early. Braking too early in a real motor
race will get you rear-ended nearly every time.
Old September 4th 05, 09:15 AM
whooo

straiton wrote:
> reminds me of Microsoft Cart Precision Racing a few years ago, about the AI
> or lack of

Microsoft Crap Precision Racing, you mean. One of the worst sims ever.
Old September 4th 05, 09:19 AM
Byron Forbes

"DJRJR" > wrote in message

> Would you still recommend it? I'm still on the fence. Is it worth 39.00?

For sure!

Civic Door door won't open linuxgeek1 Honda 0 July 8th 05 04:19 AM
BEWARE of Slick Tops/California Tops mouseranch Jeep 18 June 27th 05 05:40 PM
sail cloth soft tops Big Country Jeep 3 March 4th 05 10:07 PM
Very shy Alfa - won't open up to anyone... Steve W Alfa Romeo 3 November 29th 04 07:07 PM
2005.1 CORL NR2003 League - Positions Open www.corl.ca Simulators 0 November 19th 04 05:16 PM