rFactor controller setup....weak

Old September 2nd 05, 10:48 PM
Remco Moedt

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 15:35:10 -0500, "PlowBoy" >
wrote:

>Asgeir Nesoen enlightened us with:
>> And last, but not least, you can choose direction as well as axis in
>> rFactor one way or the other. I think it can be done in-game but I am
>> not sure about that.

>You are rightt AN..

The problem isn't that I can't select the right axis-direction combo,
the problem is when I do so with a reversed axis, i.e. when I steer
from left to right the values go from high to low instead of the
common low to high, I experience 'ghosting', a few times a second I
get a full steer to the right, even when I don't touch the wheel.

The game also handles the axis as a digital button. Testing in the
Windows Game Applet doesn't show weird values, and both GPL and GTP do
work fine.

Cheers!

Remco

Old September 3rd 05, 04:04 AM
Byron Forbes

"David G Fisher" > wrote in message
> Sounds like you need to set the FF to a negative setting. Slide the
> "strength" bar to the left until it becomes negative.
> --

Thanks Dave - I actually worked that out after about 500 laps. Should be
good from now on with FF. LOL

Old September 3rd 05, 08:44 AM
whooo

DJRJR wrote:
> I noticed the same problem as with all isi sims and MSFF wheels, sometimes
> it has a glitch where it pulls to the left if you hit something on occasion,
> then you have to bang the wall or a car to get it to stop pulling to the
> left. This has been an ongoing nagging problem for ever..

This is something to do with the amount of FFB data that the MSFF can
handle and not a fault with rFactor. Try turning down the FFB effect in
rFactor, or buy a new FFB wheel.
Old September 4th 05, 05:26 AM
Larry

You have to go the other way with the setting. ISI handles settings for
Logitech wheels backwards.

-Larry

Old September 4th 05, 05:28 AM
Larry

The readme says to run the MSFFW with LOW effects only for this very reason.

-Larry

Old September 4th 05, 09:18 AM
whooo

The important thing to remember is that this is a limitation with the
wheel and not a problem with rF.

Old September 4th 05, 02:58 PM
John Smith

"whooo" > wrote in message
> The important thing to remember is that this is a limitation with the
> wheel and not a problem with rF.
>

> Larry wrote:
>> The readme says to run the MSFFW with LOW effects only for this very
>> reason.
>>
>> -Larry

>>>This is something to do with the amount of FFB data that the MSFF can
>>>handle and not a fault with rFactor. Try turning down the FFB effect in
>>>rFactor, or buy a new FFB wheel.

Oh you cant have ff set to full? Is that the amount of force or the amount
of effects.

Old September 4th 05, 03:44 PM
whooo

John Smith wrote:

> Oh you cant have ff set to full?

Correct

> Is that the amount of force or the amount
> of effects.

The amount of effects.
Old September 8th 05, 06:07 PM
Larry

Well, it ain't a limitation in other games

-Larry

Old September 9th 05, 02:22 AM
Dave Henrie

"Larry" > wrote in news:qd_Te.11988$Cc5.5553@lakeread06:

> Well, it ain't a limitation in other games
>
> -Larry

Perhaps...or maybe the FF available via ISI outstrips what others have.
And I don't mean in it's feel, that is very qualitive and everybody has
different opinions as to what FF should feel like. I rarely, if ever, have
given advice on FF products even though I use them and have spouted on for
years about cpus, video cards etc. What I think is sublime may be junk to
you.
But the sheer data that ISI produces or uses, may be mega times more than
what other sims use. I'm just speculating. And we all know, over the
years, with just about every title. We always get posts about how this
piece of hardware works perfectly with everything else. Just like the
Pentium 1, the MSFF may be sliding down that slope to irrelevance.

dave henrie