How does reignition work in GTR/F1c ?

Old July 11th 05, 06:39 PM
V \fnugen\

Default How does reignition work in GTR/F1c ?

I have mapped the starter and ignition functions to buttons on my
DFP......but today while trying out the escort mod (GTR), I actually
stalled one for the first time. I often wondered why I should assign
those functions having never needed them. Well, needless to say, I
couldn't restart the car and had to exit to garage. I was holding
starter then pushed ignition, nothing. I even made sure I put the car in
neutral.......nada. Can someone tell me how to do this so I don't
forfeit another race?

Old July 12th 05, 03:08 AM
Spudster

In GTR I simply hit the starter button once and the car starts after a
stall... the ignition is already on.

Mapping these keys is most important for pit stops because your crew won't
refuel your car unless you kill the engine. So the sequence of events for
that goes like this:

park in pit stall
<hit key or button mapped to ignition> engine stops
pit crew does their thing and refuels car
crew chief tells you to go
<hit key mapped to ignition> ignition turns on
<hit key for starter> engine starts
peel out of pit

Hope this makes sense.

Steve.

.. .

Old July 12th 05, 12:06 PM
V \fnugen\

Spudster wrote:
> In GTR I simply hit the starter button once and the car starts after a
> stall... the ignition is already on.
>
> Mapping these keys is most important for pit stops because your crew won't
> refuel your car unless you kill the engine. So the sequence of events for
> that goes like this:
>
> park in pit stall
> <hit key or button mapped to ignition> engine stops
> pit crew does their thing and refuels car
> crew chief tells you to go
> <hit key mapped to ignition> ignition turns on
> <hit key for starter> engine starts
> peel out of pit
>
> Hope this makes sense.
>
> Steve.
>

> "V "fnugen"" > wrote in message
> .. .
>
>>I have mapped the starter and ignition functions to buttons on my
>>DFP......but today while trying out the escort mod (GTR), I actually
>>stalled one for the first time. I often wondered why I should assign
>>those functions having never needed them. Well, needless to say, I
>>couldn't restart the car and had to exit to garage. I was holding
>>starter then pushed ignition, nothing. I even made sure I put the car in
>>neutral.......nada. Can someone tell me how to do this so I don't
>>forfeit another race?

Well.......this apparently does not work for the Escorts in GTR at
least. I shut one down to try, no way I could get it restarted. Good
thing stall aren't that common. Thanks, that was pretty much what I was
doing.
Old July 13th 05, 01:23 AM
Dave Henrie

> Well.......this apparently does not work for the Escorts in GTR at
> least. I shut one down to try, no way I could get it restarted. Good
> thing stall aren't that common. Thanks, that was pretty much what I
> was doing.

I haven't looked at the Escort mod yet, but in 'general' think of the
ignition button as a 'power on' button and the starter button as the key
that begins to spin the starter motor. If your power is shut off, then
you cannot sucessfully engage the starter. So make sure ignition is on,
One press, not holding it, and then try the starter button. Again, just a
simple press, not constant pressure. It may take several seconds,
depending upon the mod settings, for the starter motor to engage. Turn up
your volume so you can hear the starter sounds. (if the escort mod has
them)
You might want to try experimenting with GTR first so you fully
understand the process before attempting the Escort mod. And F1c should
operate in exactly the same manner.

dh
Old July 20th 05, 12:49 PM
Eldred Pickett

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 02:08:54 GMT, "Spudster"
> wrote:

>In GTR I simply hit the starter button once and the car starts after a
>stall... the ignition is already on.
>
>Mapping these keys is most important for pit stops because your crew won't
>refuel your car unless you kill the engine. So the sequence of events for
>that goes like this:
>
>park in pit stall
><hit key or button mapped to ignition> engine stops
>pit crew does their thing and refuels car
>crew chief tells you to go
><hit key mapped to ignition> ignition turns on
><hit key for starter> engine starts
>peel out of pit
>
>Hope this makes sense.

Can that be disabled if someone doesn't want to go through that much
hassle? Either not needing to kill the engine or have it done
automatically?

Eldred
Old July 20th 05, 07:13 PM
elrikk

"Eldred Pickett" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 02:08:54 GMT, "Spudster"
> > wrote:
>
> >In GTR I simply hit the starter button once and the car starts after a
> >stall... the ignition is already on.
> >
> >Mapping these keys is most important for pit stops because your crew

won't
> >refuel your car unless you kill the engine. So the sequence of events for
> >that goes like this:
> >
> >park in pit stall
> ><hit key or button mapped to ignition> engine stops
> >pit crew does their thing and refuels car
> >crew chief tells you to go
> ><hit key mapped to ignition> ignition turns on
> ><hit key for starter> engine starts
> >peel out of pit
> >
> >Hope this makes sense.

> Can that be disabled if someone doesn't want to go through that much
> hassle? Either not needing to kill the engine or have it done
> automatically?
>
> Eldred

It's alive! It's alive!!!

Elrikk ;o)

Opinion on work done-price? GrtArtiste Chrysler 4 May 3rd 05 08:56 PM
Accessories don't work in "On" position Chris Fonville Technology 3 April 6th 05 11:33 PM
Front Speakers Don't Work - 94 Accord [email protected] Honda 0 March 15th 05 03:51 AM
Best Home Base Work Reynard Saturn 0 November 10th 04 02:02 AM
96 Ford Contour Zetec engine - hard to work on? john smith General 0 March 16th 04 12:23 PM