Saddest day of the year...

Old November 10th 07, 10:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pltrgyst[_1_]

Default Saddest day of the year...

It is truly the saddest day of the year -- the hardtop went on a few minutes
ago. 8;(

-- Larry
Old November 11th 07, 12:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Ken Lyons

"pltrgyst" > wrote
> It is truly the saddest day of the year -- the hardtop went on a few
> minutes
> ago. 8;(

Larry...The high was 45F in the DC area today. Surely there are a few more
top-down days left in the year. I haven't even raked any leaves yet.
--
Ken Lyons '97 Brilliant Black/'90 Classic Red
Inside the Beltway

Old November 11th 07, 01:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

"Ken Lyons" > wrote:

> "pltrgyst" > wrote
>> It is truly the saddest day of the year -- the hardtop went on a
>> few minutes ago. 8;(
>>

> Larry...The high was 45F in the DC area today. Surely there are a
> few more top-down days left in the year. I haven't even raked any
> leaves yet.

About 80F here today, top will stay down almost all winter as usual.

The Usenet Improvement Project:
http://improve-usenet.org
Old November 11th 07, 05:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pltrgyst[_1_]

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 23:05:05 GMT, "Ken Lyons" >
wrote:

>"pltrgyst" > wrote
>> It is truly the saddest day of the year -- the hardtop went on a few
>> minutes
>> ago. 8;(

>Larry...The high was 45F in the DC area today. Surely there are a few more
>top-down days left in the year. I haven't even raked any leaves yet.

Today sure made my old bones feel cold on the motorcycle! I'm sure there are a
couple of nice days left, but I don't have a rear window in my old, shot soft
top right now, it rarely gets driven during the week, and we're going to be away
much of the rest of the year.

If there's a warm weekend, it only takes a minute or so to take the hard top off
now that I've rescued it from the storage locker. And, of course, it will be off
on New Year's Day, snow or shine. Long-standing family tradition...

-- Larry
Old November 11th 07, 08:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Zog The Undeniable

pltrgyst wrote:
> It is truly the saddest day of the year -- the hardtop went on a few minutes
> ago. 8;(

I think the car looks pretty cool with the hardtop (mine's been on for a
month, along with the steel wheels, because I had to park it at an
airport for a while).

It's still good to take it off in spring.
Old November 11th 07, 04:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Bruno

pltrgyst wrote:
> It is truly the saddest day of the year -- the hardtop went on a few minutes
> ago. 8;(

Mine is not on yet but since I had to remove ice from the windshield
this "morning" (11 AM) it's only a question of getting a few dry days in
a row and it goes on (I want the soft one to be dry so I need dry weather).

This time of year I always wonder why I live in this country. Short
days, useless wet winters, record high tax levels, high living costs...
one basically has to though it out till spring :-)

Kind regards
Bruno
Old November 11th 07, 05:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Bruno

Updated needed!

It's a bloody snow storm outside - It ain't a weather for man nor Beast!

I have had it with this global warming thing. We have had the warmest,
wettest summer with a record low in hours of sunshine and now winter
starts almost two months early :-(
Old November 11th 07, 07:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

pltrgyst wrote:
> It is truly the saddest day of the year -- the hardtop went on a few
> minutes
> ago. 8;(
>
> -- Larry

So far, I've resisted that step this year. Of course, I just got the
side striker plates on Friday.

Hmmm, that was one of my excuses to *not* put the hardtop on - guess
I'll have to use the other one for a couple more days. Except I
already got the new catches for the front and they're sitting in the
kitchen now.

GuessI can always use - it's going to get warmer again by the middle
of the week here in Eastern PA. <g>

Seriously, we've only had one real frost so far and I really need to
make sure that rear window defroster works before the hardtop goes on.

Last year, it didn't go on until after New Year's. It would have
come off on New Year's Day anyway for our Polar Bear Run.

Iva & Vixen
2004 Classic Red
No more winkin' Miata

Old November 12th 07, 04:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
W. Kiernan

pltrgyst wrote:

> It is truly the saddest day of the year -- the hardtop
> went on a few minutes ago. 8;(

Bummer! Up until two or three weeks ago it was too hot here in Florida
to drive with the top down except at night. So at least somebody
somewhere's driving a Miata with the top down, and when spring comes
we'll pass it right back to you. Anyway it's got to be a gas driving a
Miata across snow! All the exciting danger of hi-speed driving without
even having to go fast, means Thrill Ride o' Doom gets to last even
longer!

Yours WDK -