Where are you and your Miata?

Old November 15th 07, 05:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

Default Where are you and your Miata?

Oops. Looks like my last newsreader upgrade wiped my signatures. Easily
fixed:

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO
Old November 15th 07, 06:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
John McGaw

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> Yes John, you qualify: Hard Core Miataphile!
>
> Thanks,
> Chris
> 99BBB
>
>> Knoxville, Tennessee
>> formerly
>> Anchorage, Alaska (yes, damn it, with a Miata)
>>
>> --
>> John McGaw
>> [Knoxville, TN, USA]
>> http://johnmcgaw.com

Oddly enough, or maybe not oddly at all, there were many Miatas in the
Anchorage area. The Summers were, for the most part, wonderful for
top-down driving and most Alaskan Miata drivers are not averse to going
topless any time the sun is shining and the mercury gets above freezing.
That is what warm jackets and hats and heaters are made for.

I'll admit that I was one of the less adventurous types after my first
experience with stock Miata tires on black ice (couldn't even get up my
own gently-angled driveway and into the garage) so I started storing
mine from freeze to breakup. My nasty '81 VW diesel pickup (that's an
entirely different story I won't go into) did fine in the freeze and if
it happened to play tag with other vehicles on the ice there would be
little lost.

The number of Miatas in the early '90s in Anchorage finally got high
enough for the joining-inclined to start a club.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
Old November 15th 07, 06:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
John McGaw

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> As if his info below wasn't evidence enough, this has got to be one
> interesting guy. I checked out his website (now remember seeing it
> previously) and highly recommend it. If you fancy yourself a picture taker
> check out the photo gallery, it's humbling.
>
> Thanks John,
> Chris
> 99BBB
>> Knoxville, Tennessee
>> formerly
>> Anchorage, Alaska (yes, damn it, with a Miata)
>>
>> --
>> John McGaw
>> [Knoxville, TN, USA]
>> http://johnmcgaw.com

Thanks for the kind words. The photography is nothing exceptional -- I
just follow the National Geographic dictum to shoot thousands of
pictures and edit ruthlessly. I've heard it phrased as "shoot 10,000
pictures and keep 1".

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
Old November 15th 07, 06:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Jack McGann

"miker" <miker4butnospamok...
> Minneapolis MN... just getting first flurries <sigh>

Keep 'em there a few more days, ok?

Chelmsford, Ma.. just 36 hrs "downwind" from Minn, weatherwise..

Old November 15th 07, 07:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

"J Brockley" > wrote:

> Don't see any Southern Hemisphere so..
> 2000 White MX5
> Auckland, New Zealand.

New Zealand was/is considered one of the greatest motorcycling places
in the world back in my riding days, I wish I could have managed to get
there. <sigh>

I'll bet the roads/places/scenery that made it so great for
motorcycling would make it equally great for a Miata!

The Usenet Improvement Project:
http://improve-usenet.org
Old November 15th 07, 10:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Don Moore

Another Ohioan!

I'm in Cuyahoga Falls Ohio

2003 Shinsen

Old November 15th 07, 10:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BRUCE HASKIN

Say Eric, I am on my way to Mildenhall, UK tonight. ( in about two
hours ) Please try to have nice weather for me, OK ? :-)

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Old November 15th 07, 11:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Bruno

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> Well, Pat (PWS) has mentioned a couple of times that only a small handful of
> folks hang out on this group these days. While I'm not usually inclined to
> try to prove him wrong, on this particular issue, I would love to. Would
> everyone who see's this message, please reply with CITY, STATE (and COUNTRY
> / PROVINCE if outside the USofA)? I'd like to compile the info and post it
> here for everyone to see. Hopefully the high volume posters (you know who
> you are!) along with the occasional posters and even the "just lurking
> around" crowd will reply. I'm thinking this could be not only fun but
> educational in some way (could it make some of us American actually look at
> the globe ;-) It could happen!

Interesting thought.

My MX-5 and I are located at the outskirts of Copenhagen, Denmark.
More precise 55°45'8.24"N, 12°31'13.46"E should you have Google Earth
at hand.

Car is a 1999 Twilight Blue 1.8 NB with a good 60K miles on the clock
and it is pretty much stock except of a Remus exhaust and a K&N Typhoon
air intake kit. Oh, and courtesy of the tax man it may be about the most
expensive one in this crowd even at the 2nd hand price I payed some 10.5
months ago (Aprox. US$33,500 at current exchange rate)!

I love my MX-5 and I am pretty sure the same goes for my fellow country
men - that is not that they love MY MX-5 but that all the 5-600 MX-5 in
this little corner of the world is loved :-)

Kind regards
Bruno
Old November 15th 07, 11:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Bruno

Richard Phillips wrote:

> The way things are heading (sadly, IMO), it might be Wales, England,
> Scotland and Ireland in a few years! Not sure if that will make things any
> simpler for you though?!

Or it could go the other way and everything over here just becomes the EU!

Kind regards
Bruno
Old November 16th 07, 12:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

Bruno > wrote:

> My MX-5 and I are located at the outskirts of Copenhagen, Denmark.
> More precise 55°45'8.24"N, 12°31'13.46"E should you have Google
> Earth at hand.

I do have Google Earth and the detail is amazing, I can see that spot
of seagull poop on the front seat... sure looks fresh... <G>

The Usenet Improvement Project:
http://improve-usenet.org

FA: Flying Miata STB + Hood Prop for 1990 - 1997 Miata pws[_1_] Mazda 0 March 30th 07 02:00 PM
What about this Miata? JeffinMS Mazda 2 March 2nd 07 05:11 AM
2000SE miata top FS on miata.net classifieds pws Mazda 1 December 20th 05 08:29 AM
Miata A/C Jerry Mazda 3 July 30th 05 04:28 AM
What a Miata wants to be when it gows up - Mazda Miata mini monster truck.jpg (0/1) schism Mazda 13 November 27th 04 03:18 PM