rFactor

Old September 15th 05, 07:37 PM

Default rFactor

I have to say I'm really enjoying rFactor so far. Just felt compelled
to make a few comments...

FFB - great so far. Best ever, maybe? I haven't bought any new sims
since N2003, so maybe there is something better out there... I'm using
a black Logitech Momo. All I had to do was move the FFB strength
slider to the negative side, and life is good. Haven't had to mess
with INI files or anything which is a welcome improvement over previous
ISI work.

BTW, I don't really feel any rolling off of the steering force when the
front wheels start to slide. Remedy? I'm currently using the 'high'
setting, one step below full. This setting works fine. I don't mind
the extra vibration and stuff. But all I really care about are the
steering forces. Is there a different setting that filters out
everything but the steering forces?

Graphics - I can't really say much here. For anyone that started back
in the days of 16 color 320x300... I can't imagine complaining. It is
pretty good. I do get a significant slow down at times. Usually when
it slows down, it's slow all the way around the track. Sometimes it
clears up, sometimes not.

I expected more multiplayer activity. Not many racers online right
now. Plus, it seems really fragmented. So many different series - It
might be tough if you are looking to drive against people using a
certain car on a certain track.

As far as the physics, everything seems acceptable. The F3's feel
really good, other than the default setup is pretty loose at Toban and
the steering lock was a little high for me. I'm having trouble sensing
wheel lock-up under braking. Can tire noise volume be increased
independently?

AI - I keep getting ran into. I've lowered aggression... What was the
..ini line that needs modified?

Loving it so far.

Pat Dotson

Pat Dotson

Old September 15th 05, 08:24 PM
Mitch_A

Hey Pat, inserted below.

> wrote in message
oups.com...
>I have to say I'm really enjoying rFactor so far. Just felt compelled
> to make a few comments...
>
> FFB - great so far. Best ever, maybe? I haven't bought any new sims
> since N2003, so maybe there is something better out there... I'm using
> a black Logitech Momo. All I had to do was move the FFB strength
> slider to the negative side, and life is good. Haven't had to mess
> with INI files or anything which is a welcome improvement over previous
> ISI work.

I still prefer GTR FF. Im not near my racing rig but below you will find a
post I made to Larry about th econtroller.ini tweaks. If you cant locate it
let me know nad Ill get it later today.

> BTW, I don't really feel any rolling off of the steering force when the
> front wheels start to slide. Remedy? I'm currently using the 'high'
> setting, one step below full. This setting works fine. I don't mind
> the extra vibration and stuff. But all I really care about are the
> steering forces. Is there a different setting that filters out
> everything but the steering forces?

I use the Logitech profiler and one setting that helped was the centering
spring=off force=0

> Graphics - I can't really say much here. For anyone that started back
> in the days of 16 color 320x300... I can't imagine complaining. It is
> pretty good. I do get a significant slow down at times. Usually when
> it slows down, it's slow all the way around the track. Sometimes it
> clears up, sometimes not.

I keep hearing about the 1fps bug but I havent seen it since F1C so I cannot
commet.

> I expected more multiplayer activity. Not many racers online right
> now. Plus, it seems really fragmented. So many different series - It
> might be tough if you are looking to drive against people using a
> certain car on a certain track.

Yea, just not many people. The online order only is perhaps the reason for
this. On the bright side though we dont get nearly as many 12 yr olds with
a kb

> As far as the physics, everything seems acceptable. The F3's feel
> really good, other than the default setup is pretty loose at Toban and
> the steering lock was a little high for me. I'm having trouble sensing
> wheel lock-up under braking. Can tire noise volume be increased
> independently?

Again I dont have the setting handy but in your .plr file scroll down and
look for "Vehicle skidding volmult" and increase is one decimal place at a
time till your happy. I havent messed with scrubbing yet.

> AI - I keep getting ran into. I've lowered aggression... What was the
> .ini line that needs modified?

Again in your .plr file. Look for AI Limiter and change from 1.000 to 0.000
(doesnt fix the AI though, they still Kamikaze)

> Loving it so far.

Same here

> Pat Dotson

Mitch

Old September 19th 05, 10:48 PM
JML

Hi, tried to understand what is rFactor but didnt succeed. Can someone
please explain what is it and can it be used in GTR?

> kirjoitti
glegroups.com...

Old September 20th 05, 12:20 AM
Dave