Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

Old February 24th 18, 10:19 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
rbowman

Default Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

On 02/24/2018 06:51 AM, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
> At the moment the majority of the UK's income is from financial etc
> services. Not selling Jaguars or whatever. Many such financial operations
> base themselves here because of access to the EU. And are high wage
> operations. With many nationalities working in them. Several very
> attractive places to live in Europe would just love to have them re-locate
> there.

And they won't even have to go very far with the Republic of Ireland
staying in the EU. London or Dublin, doesn't make much difference.
Old February 24th 18, 10:22 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Scott Dorsey

alan_m > wrote:
>On 24/02/2018 13:20, Scott Dorsey wrote:
>
>> I assure you that if I could afford a Morgan

>Isn't that just an up-market Reliant Robin with the third wheel fitted
>at the wrong end?

They do still make the three-wheeler but I was thinking more of the
4/4, which is still made of wood but has four wheels and a real engine.
It is one of the most fun-to-drive cars made today. And less scary to
drive than the Ariel Atom.
--scott

Old February 24th 18, 10:37 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
AMuzi

On 2/24/2018 2:58 PM, alan_m wrote:
> On 24/02/2018 13:20, Scott Dorsey wrote:
>
>> I assure you that if I could afford a Morgan

> Isn't that just an up-market Reliant Robin with the third
> wheel fitted at the wrong end?

He probably meant a Morgan 4
http://www.conceptcarz.com/images/Mo...V-11-GG_01.jpg

I assume anyone who finds a three wheeler desirable would
just get a new Prius or 'smart' or some such.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

Old February 25th 18, 12:05 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Cursitor Doom

On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 15:01:02 +0000, alan_m wrote:

> Do you mean the same financial services the cost of which to bail them
> out will be paid for by your children's children?

[...]

That was a bit cruel, Alan. Dave is not accustomed to being so brutally
confronted by facts.

Old February 25th 18, 12:07 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Cursitor Doom

On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 14:19:38 -0700, rbowman wrote:

> And they won't even have to go very far with the Republic of Ireland
> staying in the EU. London or Dublin, doesn't make much difference.

Good point. Let the Irish pick up the tab for their next megafailure.

Old February 25th 18, 12:19 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
alan_m

On 24/02/2018 23:07, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 14:19:38 -0700, rbowman wrote:
>
>> And they won't even have to go very far with the Republic of Ireland
>> staying in the EU. London or Dublin, doesn't make much difference.

> Good point. Let the Irish pick up the tab for their next megafailure.

The UK government bailed out Dublin the last time to the tune of £14
billion. Any country that hosts financial institutions deemed too big to
fail will have to have deep pockets.

Old February 25th 18, 12:40 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Cursitor Doom

On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 23:19:16 +0000, alan_m wrote:

> The UK government bailed out Dublin the last time to the tune of £14
> billion. Any country that hosts financial institutions deemed too big to
> fail will have to have deep pockets.

It was the most outrageous scandal of recent times, and yet you find
people like Dave Plowman cheerfully defending the indefensible. :-/

Old February 25th 18, 12:52 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Dave Plowman (News)

In article >,
Scott Dorsey > wrote:
> alan_m > wrote:
> >On 24/02/2018 13:20, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> >
> >> I assure you that if I could afford a Morgan

> >Isn't that just an up-market Reliant Robin with the third wheel fitted
> >at the wrong end?

> They do still make the three-wheeler

It's actually fairly new. And horrendously expensive. The originals were
fun though, and still quite a few around.

> but I was thinking more of the
> 4/4, which is still made of wood but has four wheels and a real engine.
> It is one of the most fun-to-drive cars made today. And less scary to
> drive than the Ariel Atom.

Yes you can have great fun with one at speeds that aren't scary.

--
*Middle age is when it takes longer to rest than to get tired.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old February 25th 18, 12:55 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Dave Plowman (News)

In article >,
Cursitor Doom > wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 15:01:02 +0000, alan_m wrote:

> > Do you mean the same financial services the cost of which to bail them
> > out will be paid for by your children's children?

> [...]

> That was a bit cruel, Alan. Dave is not accustomed to being so brutally
> confronted by facts.

There you go then. We export very little in the way of manufactured goods
and financial services are actually a drain on the economy.
Hope you are looking forward to penury.

--
*Santa Claus has the right idea. Visit people only once a year.

Old February 25th 18, 01:55 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
alan_m

> There you go then. We export very little in the way of manufactured goods
> and financial services are actually a drain on the economy.

But isn't this the stagnated status quo that those wishing to remain are
so eager to promote.