A Cars forum. AutoBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AutoBanter forum » Auto makers » BMW
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

BMW to change model designations even further from actual displacement?

Old July 14th 14, 10:15 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default BMW to change model designations even further from actual displacement?

Once upon a time, you could look at the back of a trunk lid of a BMW and come up with a pretty fair idea of what sat under its hood. For example, a 320i was a 3 Series with a fuel-injected, 2.0-liter engine, a 328i was a 3 Series with a fuel-injected, 2.8-liter engine and a 328Ci was a two-door 3 Series with the same engine. Those were good days. Today, though, that simplicity is dead and gone. A 328i now has a 2.0-liter engine, just like the 320i, while the simple "C" designation that was affix...
Read Mo http://feeds.autoblog.com/~r/weblogs...3/-BymUmpMrCQ/

-----------------------------------
BMW NewsHub: Latest auto news sourced from websites, portals and blogs
http://www.carshops247.co.uk/news/BMW.html

Ads