HOLY ****! CARL WAS RIGHT!!

Old December 11th 06, 03:46 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

Default HOLY ****! CARL WAS RIGHT!!

In article >, Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...65305855013700

Amusing edit... but it does bring up a point carl neglects... slower
means hanging along side a semi truck longer and increasing the odds of
being smashed by the truck changing lanes. All the brakes in the world
won't help if the trucker does it suddenly enough.

Old December 12th 06, 03:28 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Brent P wrote:
> In article >, Scott en Aztlán wrote:
>
> > http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...65305855013700

> Amusing edit... but it does bring up a point carl neglects... slower
> means hanging along side a semi truck longer and increasing the odds of
> being smashed by the truck changing lanes. All the brakes in the world
> won't help if the trucker does it suddenly enough.

I'm not sure it was amusing, but it WAS an obvious edit (unless the
tape was damaged in the wreck, but an obvious cut appears prior to
impact).

Survival with few injuries is quite fortunate!

I'm not sure about your analysis regarding speed. While a higher speed
might reduce the time the truck is hidden, it also increases the damage
on impact, and reduces the time for reaction. The results will vary
infinitely, depending on the circumstances of the individual occurrence.